User Tag List

Thread: Design 13 Pear Bermudas

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 13 Pear Bermudas

Size 92-128 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 13 Pear Bermudas

great pattern! left off the side pockets.

Tami,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    to Mallory (3/04) and Sam (2/07)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lengthened to pants. I put elastic cord with a cord stop in the waist because ds can't tie yet. This fabric is super dense but thin and a really big pain to sew! I do love the pants though. The waistband pattern piece is too small so look out for that. The side pockets are awesome!

#13 otto 3/10 Pear Bermudas by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr

#13 otto 3/10 Pear Bermudas II by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr

#13 otto 3/10 Pear Bermudas III by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr

#13 otto 3/10 Pear Bermudas IV by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr
    Last edited by hershyyyy; 09-24-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

Downloads
    Uploads

I left off the side pockets as well.
    Nice slim fitting pattern.
    I did shorten them by about 1 1/2" I think.
    Last edited by caseyj; 05-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

I shortened these to be just-knee length, as per my son's request, and left off the cargo pockets. I probably didn't do the hip pockets exactly right, but they came out fine. Also, as another mama pointed out for another version of this pattern (same as #17 & 19), the waistband piece seems really narrow. I cut mine with 2cm seam allowance on both long sides, which gave me plenty of wiggle room, especially when it came to the part where the seam allowance needs to be folded under and topstitched in place. I also didn't follow the instructions for assembling the waist: I left a gap in the back and strung the elastic and the drawstring through, rather than basting them in place and then sewing the whole waistband closed over them.

As others have pointed out, these are pretty slim-fitting for a Bermuda style - not so wide - and so just right for my skinny kid. But, sorry, no modeled shots yet.

Front:

Back:
    Last edited by quartercentury; 07-17-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

size 116, this pattern seems to run a bit slim. The front pocket pieces confuse me. I really don't know what I am *supposed* to do with them, but I am happy with the end result. This is my 3rd pair this summer.
    ~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished another pair of these, and noticed I am not the only one with troubles understanding the instructions for the front pockets... So here are some photos. Maybe not the right way, but a way that works!

Front piece and pocket facing piece, wrong sides together, folds in the facing piece have been pressed to the wrong sides:

Facing piece lined up and folded over once...

Then twice and pinned in place:

The facing is stitched as a binding for the pocket opening:

Then the pocket piece pinned to the pocket facing, right-sides-together (shown here from the wrong side of the shorts):

Pocket seam sewn and finished, little triangle bits trimmed off the binding part of the pocket facing:

Completed pocket basted to waist and outseam:

Ready to move on to the next step!
    Last edited by quartercentury; 02-13-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)