User Tag List

Thread: Design 11 Apple summer shirt

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 11 Apple summer shirt

Size 92-128 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 11 Apple summer shirt

I made the 104 for ds2 and 116 for ds1. I didn't add seam allowances but I should have. The pattern runs quite narrow. It is pretty tight around ds2's tummy but he'll probably only wear it for my sister wedding so I'm sure it will be fine.

I did add 1" to the length because they will tucking them in to their pants and using belts.

This was my first time doing the stand collar which took a long long long time! I did add the 1cm sa to the collar and neckline as they instructed. I found that collar a tad too long and had to shorten it on both. Overall the instructions were good and the pattern is super duper cute.
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

love how this turned out. the collar ran too long for me as well.

Tami,
    to Mallory (3/04) and Sam (2/07)

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have many boys to sew for, but I made this for my cousins son. As soon as we saw the dino fabric I knew I wanted to make a button up shirt for him. I don't recall any issues with the collar, but since I am new at them maybe I bungled it and it turned out great!

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

The collar actually was a tiny little bit too short in size 92. I do agree that it is slim fitting.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely slim-fitting. The collar turned out just right for me - I added 1/2" SA to the 110.

Christina

Mama to Ryan (9/07) and Caroline (9/10)

&

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this in a 92cm with 98cm length for my slim DS and omitted the pocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Apple shirt 3-10 #11
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

i triple heart this pattern! fits awesome on my skinny ds, sewn in 98cm with no alteration. didnt find any issues with the collar though.

mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would argue that there's no way you could fit this shirt *over* a t-shirt (as shown on the model in the magazine) if you sewed true-to-size. Definitely slim fitting.

I matched up pattern pieces with a RTW size 5 to make sure this would fit over t-shirts, and fit for at least two summers, so came up with a size 116 for my 103cm kid.

Wide fit on purpose:

Looks good, though!
    Last edited by quartercentury; 01-22-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added another photo
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

Apple from 3-10 for hopefully flying to the UK in a couple months.

Apple from 3-10 for my son's third birthday.
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Still my favorite woven shirt pattern for boys.
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

wish I had upsized more, made 104 for my 3 year old and it fits perfect. Hopefully it will last the summer

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 122 with 128 length. I too found the collar to be slightly long. Otherwise, it went together really well. (I can't comment on the fit.)
    Sandra
    DH (Love of my Life)
    DD#1 (Allie, 8)
    DD#2 (Jenna, 5)
    My machines: Janome TB30, Juki Pearl MO-655 Serger, Brother 2340CV, Janome Memorycraft 350E

Downloads
    Uploads

came together very well, and this was my first time doing a boys' buttom up. I really like how the yoke provides a clean finish on the inside.

Jess - Part time K teacher and full time Mom to 2 beautiful girls and one handsome boy, living on a dairy farm with the man of my dreams!

my sewing blog

Downloads
    Uploads

I continue to really like this pattern. Three finished in the last few months, all size 116 for 6 year old boys about 110cm tall.

Sushi cat for my son:

Cars print as a birthday gift for a friend:

Toy Story print to "match" the birthday shirt for my own kid:
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

Pattern Manufacturer
    Ottobre
    Pattern Name/Number
    Apple Summer Shirt 11
    Pattern Description
    Button down shirt
    Which view and size did you make?
    104/116 length
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes, but I did change the construction of the neckline a bit, I used a strip of bias tape to finish the inside, which is easy and looks very nice.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    Something about the fit was off for me the first time I made it, too wide, but I like it better now that he has grown.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes probably
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.

Size 104 with 116 length. I've made this one before and found it short/wide, so I waited until ds grew a bit and tried again! Its a good fit with the adjustments.
    Last edited by thelittlesewingshop; 02-16-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    ____________________ ____________________ _____________

<<< My shop for custom kids clothes, The Little Sewing Shop