User Tag List

Thread: Design 04 Savanni voile tunic

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 04 Savanni voile tunic

Size 62-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 04 Savanni voile tunic

Pics coming.. I have made 5 of these now. They are super cute and a great chance to combine wovens on a small baby. I would just comment that while you can use a print on top, the bottom / lining fabric needs to look pretty on both sides, so it should either be solid color, or a woven pattern like gingham or plaid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    , and

Downloads
    Uploads

I already gave 2 away, so here are the 3 remaining.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I need help figuring out how to sew the sleeves together so that they can still be turned inside out...
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

I actually sew the sleeve seam and then the underarm seam, when making fully lined garments.

Or you can just press both layers towards the inside and topstitch them together.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this as a dress for my baby to wear at my wedding (we like to do things out-of-order around here!), size 62, length 80, for my 15ish pound seven month old. I used an Amy Butler print and coordinating solid.

I made some bloomers based on the panties that go with the "petal dress" from Otto 2/05:

It turned out really well, and I might even make the pattern again, but I will say it was my second choice of dress. I chose this pattern after having trouble even tracing the "Retrokukka" dress form the 1/10 issue. This one has only three pieces! How hard could it be? Right?

Ha. After I cut it out (after, of course), I found a post it inspired called "The most frustrated I've ever been with a project." And when the shell and the lining were complete, the bit about sewing the sleeve of the lining to the sleeve of the dress with "both shell and lining facing out" was killing me. Help found here.

With both the shell and the lining completed, the lining inserted into the shell, you can't just turn the whole dress inside out. Too easy. Here are the two pieces begging for me to figure out how to sew them together, both sleeve hems pressed and ready to go:

You have to reach up between the shell and the lining to turn them inside out:

Now both pieces are inside out and pinned together:

All sewn up, waiting to be turned the right way again:

The only other thing I would advise if you are making this pattern is to keep your interfacing pieces very tidy, measured well so that they are *only* within the seam allowance of the shell. A bit too much and they are poking out into the (visible!) neckline. Ask me how I know!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quartercentury, I attach the sleeves in the flat, then sew the inner sleeve to the outer (again in the flat) and then sew the underarm seam continuously from lining to outer. I find it much easier than attaching the sleeves in the round.

I also skipped the interfacing entirely on this pattern.

Your dress turned out beautifully.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I am having trouble visualizing this without having the pattern pieces in front of me again. But this in the flat business does sound much easier. If you are making it again, can you take a few pictures along the way?

Downloads
    Uploads

I sure will. I agree it doesn't really make sense in text.

, and