User Tag List

Thread: Design 02 Jodhpur velour pants

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 02 Jodhpur velour pants

Size 50-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 02 Jodhpur velour pants

Pic coming.. I made size 74 and they are true to size, and the calves aren't too snug, but not too loose either on my skinny baby. Fast, easy, and cute.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    , and

Downloads
    Uploads

This is in size 62, I didnt photo the ones on my baby.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I love these pants! Super cute and very easy to put together. The little mock vents at the cuffs are fabulous.

The only trouble I had was with the instructions in sewing the side seams. It says "note that stitching line runs along outer edges of mock vent extensions." And that had me thinking that I was supposed to sew the side seams so that the little vents stuck out when the garment was turned right side out. But no, of course not! If you start stitching at the waist, just keep sewing a straight line when you get to the little vents.

I also had a bit of trouble getting the curves on the topstitching to match, but that's just me. Topstitching isn't my strong suit.

I made a size 74 for my 72cm, 12 months old baby with no seam allowance to compensate for using the stretchiest rib knit ever (or that I have ever used, anyway). They fit fine, but I do wish they were a hair longer. Again, totally my fault.

ETA: She's closer to 78cm, actually. Oops. No wonder they were shorter than expected.

With an NCBE top:

And some blurry action shots (and, yes, the baby has been eating markers):

Last edited by quartercentury; 03-15-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

still love them! agree that the topstitching is tricky, but it''s worth it!

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this pattern, it's my all time favorite baby pants pattern, not just the looks but the fit is excellent.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed, this is a great pattern. Super cute, and easy to put together.

However, despite my mis-measuring the baby last month, I do think they are a bit short. Or maybe my baby has freakishly long legs? I did two more pairs in size 80, but added 2.5cm to the length. They fit with not too much extra room. I like that the tapered leg means you can add a bit of extra length without needing to roll up the cuffs.

Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

I think they are intended to be shorter, just like adult pants (wide leg = long length, but short length like capris are usually narrow) but you're right, easy to add length. I found they fit very true to size but don't leave a lot of growing room.

, and