User Tag List

Thread: Design 34 Flower Fields jersey tunic

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 34 Flower Fields jersey tunic

Size 128-170 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 34 Flower Fields jersey tunic

Size 134 ... I have not tried this shirt on dd yet, as it is part of a gift I will be giving her in April. Not 100% sure on the fit, however, it looks like it runs a bit wide & not quite as long as I had hoped. I'm sure once modeled it will look a lot nicer than in the photo. The elastic bottom gives this a nice weighted look when hanging.

While it is a simple & straight forward pattern to use, I did have a bit of difficulty getting the seam going across the chest to lay flat & not go wonky on me. Might be just my skill level with this fabric though

ETA:
    I will def be making more or these!! Model pics below.. The fit is nice, not too wide like I was wondering, I'd use a thinner elastic at the bottom though (I had used 1" on this one, because I was out of everything else)

Front View

Side View

Closeup of the fit at the bottom.. mind you Brianna was leaning forward a bit in this pic.
    Last edited by Sillyronnie; 04-07-2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: adding modeled pics
    ~Veronica~
    Mama of Brianna (9) & Ashton (5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I really enjoyed putting this pattern together. The instructions are straightforward and simple for an intermediate sewist at least. I did not use lastin for gathering, I instead used 2-thread basting stitches to gather.

My only thing to note is that I believe it runs smaller than the photo shows. Usually 128's are slightly large on Jennah, but this one is much more fitted than the photo would make you believe. In the photo it almost looks like a dress, but this is a very fitted top made per measurements. If you want it to fit like the photo, I would definitely go up a size from measurements.

Pics of the final product:

The fit:

I would definitely recommend the pattern!

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!

Downloads
    Uploads

These are both the Otto 1/10 #34 Flower Fields Tunic. The fit is just like in the mag and she really likes them

I didnt use SA and made the 128, she is in med RTW which is an 8 usually. the first one I did lengthen the sleeve a teeny tiny bit so I could hem it but the 2nd I just did the rolled hem.

This one I just did a rolled hem on the sleeves.
    ~Andrea~
    SAHM to Emma Grae 9/9/02, Michael Oscar III 8/2/04, Bevin Mathew 5/30/06, Killian Parker 7/5/08, Piper Maley 8/30/10

Downloads
    Uploads

Really cute pattern, nice fit. Size 128 for 7 year old:

Ottobre 1/10 tunic by lkmartin26, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Love this tunic! So cute on the tween/teen girls. My girls adore these, they're first out of the wash on laundry day. Very cute fit! Nice pattern for those drapey knits or ones that you don't have a coordinate for binding, as it uses elastic casings all around.

Katie.
    ---my goalie girl---

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 128cm with a drapey c/l jersey

Back

Neckline

This was a great pattern. I loved the end result and it was super easy to put together!!!