User Tag List

Thread: Design 24 Little buddies t-shirt

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 24 Little buddies t-shirt

Size 98-140 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 24 Little buddies t-shirt

I did this pattern in a sz 110. I have not tried on ds for sizing as yet, since this is a Valentine's gift for him, but it looks like it will fit well, maybe a bit short though. I did add 1" to the bottom, but next time I think I will add a few more! It is definitely a nice pattern to work with & I will be using this one often..

~Veronica~
    Mama of Brianna (9) & Ashton (5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the second one I made. I added 2.5" (plus reg seam allowance) on the bottom & on the sleeves. It is a bit long now, but there is a lot of growing room there I make the sleeves a bit different than the pattern, but I like the results.. ds is thrilled with it Oh my...he needs a hair cut bad

~Veronica~
    Mama of Brianna (9) & Ashton (5)

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's my version of this shirt. I changed the sleeves a little and used FOE for the neckline. This pattern is great and I plan to make a bunch of these for DS for next winter.
    I think this is size 104.

Leah - wife to 1, mama to 8

Also co-manager of lots of:

and goats (where's the goat smilie?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 104, nice pattern with some variety for boys.

Laura

Downloads
    Uploads

I like the color blocking on this, but the fit was much too boxy, and I ended up taking it in from the sleeve all the way down the sides. It would have been easier to take a well-fitting tee and add the color blocking, but hey, live and learn, right? My experience may have differed as I was using this pattern for my slim 10-year-old daughter.

Katie.
    ---my goalie girl---

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 98 + 1 cm in length for my 100cm four-year-old. With extra color-blocking on the front.

Agreed that the pattern is a bit boxy (I do have a skinny kid, though) and that it would be perhaps better to take a pattern you love and color-block it yourself. But I do like the inspiration from this pattern.

Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

I made size 104 and size 116, and the fit was good for both of my kids. I did combine the front and back shoulder piece so I only had to cut one piece. I love this pattern for upcycling!

Jenn
    ~ full time working mom to a 7 yo dd, 9 yo ds, 11 yo ds, and 12 yo dd -- with a homeschooling dh!

I (used to) blog at

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

I used this pattern for DS in 98cm size.

And another
    Last edited by Tentacles; 06-13-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

love this pattern, fits awesome. in 98cm
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Felix's car shirt. He is totally obsessed with cars. Every time he looks at my fabric stash he finds the fabrics with cars and says, "Sew it, mama, sew it!"
    So, I went through my knit scraps and used every car fabric I could find to make this, his official car shirt.

All the shirts use the Little Buddies #24 and #22 from 1-20
    The robot one is a copy of one Sillyronnie made. I just loved it, so I had to make one, too.

Good fit! Great for modifying.
    Last edited by caseyj; 10-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a great pattern! Goes together quickly and neatly for me, and the fit is great for my boys. I also made one for my DD, but didn't love it-- too boxy on her.

sz 116

ottobre 1/10, #24 by mylosmamasews, on Flickr

sz 134

ottobre 1/10 #24, sz 134 by mylosmamasews, on Flickr
    Rachel, happy mama to Mylo (3/02), Finlay (12/04), Georgia (7/06), and baby Duncan (4/25/10)

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this in a 116 cm. I did the version with the pieced sleeves and the cute pocket on the sleeve. The pocket directions left a lot to be desired! I still don't know if I did them right. There was never a point where it said to sew up the bottom corners. I winged it and looked carefully at the pictures. It turned out so cute and I'm glad I went through the trouble! I used a fairly thin jersey for the pocket and I think that it was just right for how fiddily it was. I wouldn't use a thick interlock on the pocket like I would for the body of the shirt.

Last edited by LAB; 11-06-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Laura

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!

Downloads
    Uploads

I made a size 140 in this one. I think I added length to the sleeves and bottom, as he measures at a 146 size. this went together very well, and it is great for changing colors for the sleeves and inserting pieces.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Stacy
    WOHM to 2 little urchins