User Tag List

Thread: Design 10 Pippuri lined overalls

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 10 Pippuri lined overalls

Size 62-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 10 Pippuri lined overalls

I made these overalls for a 1yo boy as part of a swap on another board.

Belt loops are tricky with thicker fabric, so be warned! (The pattern is designed for lighter fabric than I used). I had to unpick and resew some of the belt loops.
    I cut a size larger in the bottom area since Luca wears cloth nappies. I also didn't use the exact specified width of elastic, just what I had on hand (which was pretty close).
    The mock fly instructions didn't make sense to me, so I unpicked part of it and resewed it using my DD's jeans for reference.
    Tip: Since the overalls are lined, the seams don't need to be finished. However, since I wanted to use a thicker thread for the topstitching, and I'm too lazy to change threads multiple times, for most of the construction I used my sewing machine for topstitching and my overlocker for the seams. You could set up a second sewing machine instead.
    Something I'd possibly change if making again: I'd probably avoid a plaid/check or similar if possible. The knee pleats mean the pattern will never match up at the side seams. If you look at Luca's modelling shots, hopefully the cuteness factor that is Luca will lead you to overlook the non-matching bits!
    Last edited by mom2a2z; 10-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.