User Tag List

Thread: Design 33 Rebellious corduroy jacket

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 33 Rebellious corduroy jacket

Size 128-170 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 33 Rebellious corduroy jacket

I do not have a picture, but I made this for my sister for Christmas. Despite having a LOT of pieces, it goes together very easily. The pattern is well-designed - all pieces fit together perfectly. I will be remaking it in another size and will take pics then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    , and

Downloads
    Uploads

I made it again in a 134 for a friend's DD's bday. It was freaking tough because I used very very nappy creepy soft velvet. The pattern is awesome. My fabric choice not so awesome. It turned out cute though. I decided to leave off the ruffle because I'm not crazy enough to try to ruffle velvet on a hem and keep it even the whole way.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

i dont know how this will fit since its for a friend's 7 y.o. but i love this pattern, i wished it came in sizes smaller than 128cm. its soo stinkin' cute! this is in 128cm, outer is corduroy and inner is quilting cotton (Patty Young's Mezzanine). I added a 4th snap because I think it will fit better.

inner.
    Last edited by northernmama; 02-09-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

@boingo82 Thanks so much for the photos! Getting ready to make this for Izzy and it really helps to see the back. I'm terribly nervous about the collar.
    SAHM to D 4-01 and Izzy 2-06.

Ranger
    Ruby June

Downloads
    Uploads

The collar isn't bad. Worst part of the whole thing was my choice of fabric since it creeps. If you make it in anything less furry it shouldn't be so bad.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

@boingo82 @northernmama I'm having difficulty attaching the lining to the shell. First I don't know how to sew the back facing piece on. Every way I turn it it just doesn't make sense. Secondly, I seem to have more of lining. Can you walk me through the joining?

Ranger
    Ruby June

Downloads
    Uploads

@Heather62, just seeing this now and am comfy in my bed, i will look in the mag tmrw so i can refresh my memory on the pattern pieces and can get back to you then, if boingo82 havent.

ETA: Heather, I am terrible at words but this might help you or this method. as for the back neck facing, piece #3 is 2 separate piece. sew #3 neckline piece (fashion fabric) with #3 back center panel (lining fabric) right side together. once you sew the lining and the fashion fabric separately, you should have 2 jackets that look the same, except the fashion fabric jacket will have extras like pockets and notched collar.and this is where you start assembling them together. good luck! can't wait to see the sns
    Last edited by northernmama; 02-10-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

@northernmama @boingo82 Here are some pictures to explain my problem. Here is piece 13 back facing. No matter how I try to attach it to the lining it doesn't fit properly.

Also when I pin up the jacket one side lines up really well but the other has this huge gap and I don't know why.

And some more photos just so you can maybe diagnose the problem.

Ranger
    Ruby June

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks really cute! but also frustrating!

As I remember I had to take darts in the lining at the round neck facing thing? Not darts, what's the thing called that you do on the back of a man's shirt below the shoulders to give more breathing room? Like pleats? If you look in my first picture I think you can see them.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boingo82 View Post
    That looks really cute! but also frustrating!

As I remember I had to take darts in the lining at the round neck facing thing? Not darts, what's the thing called that you do on the back of a man's shirt below the shoulders to give more breathing room? Like pleats? If you look in my first picture I think you can see them.
    Vents I think. Yeah I get that part but the shoulders are not lining up.

Ranger
    Ruby June

Downloads
    Uploads

omg, that's really cute, i am not sure why your shoulders are not lining up. this is a burdastyle cropped jacket but the construction is similar to this otto one.

now i have a feeling that when you cut the front facing, you sew it on the whole front panel instead of the "cut out". if you see the jacket pic above, on the front panel, the front facing (on the inside) is the fashion fabric and its sewn to the lining which is actually a piece that is cut from half way across the shoulder all the way down, you can see it on the pattern piece (sorry, i am not the best with words), but if your shoulders (lining & fashion fabric) are not lining up, i think this is the issue. another way to see, is to match up/pin together all the lining + fashion fabric seams so you can see what is wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally finished. Not showing the inside because it isn't nearly as beautiful as the previous jackets. But she likes it.

Ranger
    Ruby June