User Tag List

Thread: Design 20 Sweatpants

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 20 Sweatpants

Size 104-134 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 20 Sweatpants

Not my best pics for sure, but putting them here to hopefully help someone else: These run large, QUITE large. These are a size 122 on a kid who usually wears 128. They are very very generous on him, though he does run on the thin side. They were made for my younger son, but they were just too huge. The length of the legs is just a tad long, consistent with the photos in the magazine, consistent with the style. The rise though is very very large for children of this age/shape (most have no behinds to speak of in the 122 size ranges for boys). On my younger son, they went literally to his armpits even though I used wider elastic than called for without altering the allowance.

The pockets on these are very RTW looking. If your fabric has a lot of stretch (like mine), be prepared for lots of steam. I also would then recommend interfacing/stabilization of some type on the back pockets before topstitching and the side pockets along the opening edges.

To the pattern I added drawstring elastic and grommets. The pattern did not have those. I changed nothing else.