User Tag List

Thread: Design 38A Underwear leggings or long johns

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 38A Underwear leggings or long johns

Size 86-122 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 38A Underwear leggings or long johns

I use these all the time as leggings for my DD and just crop them at different lengths for bike shorts or capris.
    Brenda,
    Mom to 3 boys 16-24 and a sweet young thing of 8.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is probably my most used pattern. It gets used for jammies, thermals (I made both with a cuffed leg though), and leggings. Fit is always perfect.

fleece thermals:

jammies: (footed ones are from the baby size of 4/04)

can sort of see the fit:
    Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

Great legging pattern. This pair I cut to capris and added a ruffle. I think the rise is a little high now on my 5 yo so I'll have to adjust that. Super fast to sew.

Photo to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I graded these down to fit my ds. I really like the slim fit of these; they are perfect for pjs and long johns. I added cuffs to the pants to keep them down while sleeping, and make them look less like leggings.

Erica mama to ds 1/2009

Downloads
    Uploads

Without a doubt this is my "go to" pattern for my granddaughter's pj's --- for a couple years now. These are close fitting - not a lot of ease which is the way it should be for pj's. If you want a tee or leggings with more ease - this is so not the pattern for you. ;)

I think I've used this pattern (different sizes) probably 3 dozen times already.

I do combine this w/ #35. The one thing I would suggest is to either use some fun elastic for the hemline or even FOE as I did find these leggings to be a tad bit short each time I made them if I did the standard 1/2" hem. So either my kidlets are really tall (not!) or these do run a bit short. Maybe that is intentional because they are meant to actually be long underwear -- and not show under their pants. Dunno?
    Debi

Downloads
    Uploads

I used the pattern piece #1 in size 98cm and then just cut across about 2" below crotch seam line.
    Great pattern!!! Nice fit!
    Tera
    Mom to Madelyn, Harley, Emily and Samuel!

Downloads
    Uploads

Great fitting pattern. I did them a couple sizes too big for growing room (made in 116 and she's probably just about ready to grow out of 104). They have a pretty long rise, so I might lower that next time, but will definitely make them again.
    Last edited by caseyj; 09-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

These have been my go-to pajama pants pattern for years. In fact, we love them so much that I graded them up to a size 134. I make them for my son and nephew, and neither of them care for the seams in the larger long john pattern. I measured each side, and I added the appropriate extra width and height. I also added 1 3/4" extra to the hem.

Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-

My gluten-free blog-

Downloads
    Uploads

The absolute best PJ pant pattern. This is size 116 width, with length added to make it (what would be) 128cm. It's so easily adaptable, and my boys both love the fit.
    Mama to Noah (Aug 03), Owen (Jun 06), and Rosa (Feb 11)

Come visit my blog!