User Tag List

Thread: Design 20 Fur hat & mittens

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 20 Fur hat & mittens

Size (head circumference) 50-56 cm & (mittens) age 2-8

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 20 Fur hat & mittens

My staple hat and mitten pattern. I modified the bottom peice to be all one, wrapping around, and all of mine have been made from two layers of fleece. I like the mitten pattern, but did modify it to have a longer, thinner hand, symettical thumbs so left and right don't matter, and longer arm - just personal preference and I'll probably drop those changes when my kiddos get older.

I've probably made a dozen mittens and 4-5 hats now, they go together fast and the fit is always great.

Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 20 Fur hat & mittens

I really love this hat! I made it with double sided fabric like the pattern calls for. I topstitched all my seams to the right side. I didn't add a tie since my son wouldn't let me tie it anyway. I do think the front brim is a bit too big, so I would make it shorter next time, so more of the hat shows from the front. The hat is really quick to make.

I also made the mitten, but I made them with fleece, and lined them with another layer of fleece. I would make the top less pointy if I make them again. They are also very quick to make.
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.