User Tag List

Thread: Design 25 Boy's shirt

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 25 Boy's shirt

Size 80-122 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 25 Boy's shirt

80cm, raglan sleeve with woven fabric might be a little tricky for a beginner but definitely a "learned" skill.i think the fit is a tad small. i sewed this in 80cm for ds and it was a bit snug and he wasnt in 80cm then.

same shirt, 80cm on the boy who was wearing 74cm then.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree, ran a bit small, but I added a litttle extra seam allowance on it. Made a size 110, I did not put all the little details in mine because the print was a little bolder. Went together smoothly, collar was a bit short so I had to improvise a bit Also made this with cotton woven.

This is were I improvised the collar in the back, but honesty, I think I like it better with the 2 prints on the collar!!

AS you can see here, the shoulders are a great fit on my broad shouldered boy
    ~Veronica~
    Mama of Brianna (9) & Ashton (5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did not think it ran small, but then, my baby does run small. Very cute especially with topstitching.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I definitely found this pattern small.

Sorry about the terrible pic, can't find another.
    Maria, loving navy wife, mom to growing preemie ds (11/04), a hurricane in disguise dd (8/09) and bonus ds (11/12).

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought this shirt ran pretty true to size. I made an 80 for my ds who is exactly 80cm, and it fits well with room to grow even. I love all the details on this shirt, and will probably be making more. It's a great button up shirt that's just a little different. I sewed the pocket pleats in the opposite direction because I liked them better that way. For the collar I used a bias strip to cover the raw edges rather than follow the pattern directions.

[img]
    Otto 2/05 #25 by ericaeli, on Flickr[/img][img]
    Otto 2/05 #25 by ericaeli, on Flickr[/img]
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009