User Tag List

Thread: Design 17 Halterneck dress

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 17 Halterneck dress

Size 104-146 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 17 Halterneck dress

I modified this dress to be 1 piece on the front and the back is shirred. The sash is just tied on (not sewn). The pants are from this same issue.

The same modifications just different fabrics and a double layer skirt:

This dress goes together very quickly.
    Kate - SAHM to 3 beautiful children - 1 girl & 2 boys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Princess Dress Pattern on sale NOW! (click on the banner above)

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this into a longer dress but followed the directions completely. It was super easy and turns a lot of heads, BIG WIN!!

~Andrea~
    SAHM to Emma Grae 9/9/02, Michael Oscar III 8/2/04, Bevin Mathew 5/30/06, Killian Parker 7/5/08, Piper Maley 8/30/10

Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished this in size 98 with length added for my 105cm four-year old:

The front... It's hard to see, but I did do the two piece/mock wrap front, complete with little button loops and buttons. And yeah, I did cut the right and left pieces opposite to what's advised. Oops.

Back:

I added pockets in the side seams:

The only other small modification I made was to use a button at the neck closure rather than the recommended Velcro.

An inside-out photo... The bodice is lined, stitched in place by hand. A bit sloppily, I am afraid, but I think it will hold.

As I was sewing the bodice lining in place by hand, I realized I could have done it with the machine if I had skipped top stitching the seam that attaches the skirt to the outer bodice when the instructions said to do so. If you skip that top stitching, get the lining seam allowances carefully pressed and pinned (or wondertaped!) in place after the zipper is installed, you could top stitch that waist seam and secure the bodice lining all at once.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)