User Tag List

Thread: Design 11 Hooded sweater

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 11 Hooded sweater

Size 80-110 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 11 Hooded sweater

The "holey hoodie" is a fun variation on a classic sweatshirt. The pattern runs a bit boxy, so check the lengths before you cut.

Katie.
    ---my goalie girl---

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Loved this pattern but added 1-2" length and should have taken away some width. The instructions on how to do the pocket made no sense to me and I fared far better on the second one, when I just did it my own way. On the smaller sizes, I would make the pockets a bit bigger than suggested if you want them to be usable.

Last edited by jennie2; 08-18-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

Hooded sweater, Otto 4-07 #11. Royal blue cotton sherpa. One for the newbie swap, one for my son. Size 80 width with 86 length. Does run a little bit wide, but it's really cute. I did also make the pocket holes larger.

Best modeling shot I could get!!
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Love this pattern but as the pp say.. it runs short and wide. I saw that as I was making it and took off alot of the width and cut it a little longer.. thank goodness too because it now is a perfect fit! I also sewed the pocket on the top of the hoodie to give it an unfinished look.. Very happy with the final result!

KaTiE

Sewing mama to 5 marvelous MoNstErS!
    Tristen, 12
    Tiara, 10
    Owen, 6

and my TwInKieS
    Isaac and Iris, 3.5

Downloads
    Uploads

My son's holey hoodie is shown in this sns: http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=138376

I found the pattern wide/short. I didn't alter it though, just added a bit of a thicker band. The instructions for the pocket did not make sense. The pattern piece had the pocket holes marked, but from how it looked in the pic, the holes are to be on the outer piece, so it was confusing. I just marked the holes (enlarged a bit) onto the hoodie front piece instead of the jersey pocket piece. Next time I would reduce a tad of width, lengthen, and enlarge the whole pocket piece so I could spread the pockets further apart.

Also, for my child who apparently has a large head, the hood looks funny when you put it up because it pulls the front of the top up. So I will also add length to the hood for next time to avoid that pulling which drives me nuts!

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 86. Acckkk. I love the hoodie, but I found the holes to be a bit fiddly.

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this pattern! The holes are a little fiddly to bind, but the results are so cute and it has a unique look. It is the trademark Ottobre hoodie in my mind. The fit is quite boxy. Cute on a little boy and with added length looks great on a bigger girl. The rounded pocket facing allows cute topstitching if you like that. I used a fun novelty stitch on my machine that I would never normally have a use for. I also enjoy fussy cutting the knit inside pocket piece so a cute part shows through the holes. This version I used a woven light weight twill instead of knit for the pocket. The fit is boxy enough for that.

Last edited by LAB; 11-06-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Laura

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!

Downloads
    Uploads

My kids loved the pockets on this one! Did run a little short/wide.

Laura