User Tag List

Thread: Design 19 Kaiku cross-front tunic

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 19 Kaiku cross-front tunic

Size 116-152 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 19 Kaiku cross-front tunic

I've made 3 of these. One tunic length, two lengthened into dresses. Pretty straightforward. I thought the sizing ran pretty true. I just don't love that middle band at all though! I've used a jersey and a thick rib knit for the middle band and much prefer lengthening the bodice down a bit vs. putting that in. Great way to mix and match and use up scraps!!!

Tera
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Mom to Madelyn, Harley, Emily and Samuel!

Downloads
    Uploads

I made 3 of these tops. I did a 122 width with a 134 length. They are very long! On the model it shows a child in the smallest size of the range. It hits her just below her hip. My smaller child is solidly in 134 size and it hit right above her knee! She loves it and is wearing it as a dress with leggings! On my taller child I took out the waist piece and it still hit her mid thigh. I would normally make her a 140 or 146. The sleeve length was right on. I forgot to add a bit for my taller child and the sleeves are a touch too short. Watch out for the larger sizes unless you want a super adorable nearly knee length dress! For my 3rd top I took out the waist piece and shortened the hem by 3 inches for my smaller child. That's roughly 5 inches off and it was still long for tunic length on her and I see some good growth room with it.

The tops went together quickly and the binding lengths worked very well. I used cotton/lycra jersey, cotton/lycra thick ribbed ribbing and 100% cotton ribbing and they each looked nice and flat without bunching or pulling. Not sure if I love the gathered front and back bodice pieces. Seems a little bulky.

I'd recommend this pattern and I might sew it again. My taller DD is asking for a dress version for herself! Its a cute style and has lots of built in growth room!
    Last edited by LAB; 02-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!

Downloads
    Uploads

in 116cm, i thought it looked like it will fit a slightly chunkier kid but it was a little tight on my friend's chunky kid. i dont get why there's gathering at the back though, its just adding bulk so i might get rid of that one if i were to make it again. easy pattern.

mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.