User Tag List

Thread: Design 35 Eliza pleated dress

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 35 Eliza pleated dress

Size 128-170cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 35 Eliza pleated dress

My mother sewed the dress, not me.

It's a size 140 and she ended up taking in the dress at the seams. I think it was 1/2 inch at each panel seam. She also stitched across the pleats at the neckline after my daughter complained about how they flopped open and down. Grandma skipped the lining since the fabric wasn't sheer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 35 Eliza pleated dress

Link to SNS: http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=156251

I made a 146 for a friend's little girl, so no modelled shot, and this dress form is much much too small for the dress. As usual, the pattern is impeccably drafted and goes together well. I made it without the lining. Since the pattern calls for a lining, it doesn't include any instructions for finishing the inside facings to keep them from fraying, so if you make it unlined, think through that part first.

Sandra
    DH (Love of my Life)
    DD#1 (Allie, 8)
    DD#2 (Jenna, 5)
    My machines: Janome TB30, Juki Pearl MO-655 Serger, Brother 2340CV, Janome Memorycraft 350E