User Tag List

Thread: Design 20 Mike vest

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 20 Mike vest

Size 92-128cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 20 Mike vest

The vest:

Mike Vest #20 otto 3/09

Faux pockets in the front, d-rings in the back and a stamp to tell the difference between the two. Dolphin for Jonah and guitar for Cai.

These vests were a lot of work! Linen on the outside, stretch twill (clearance!) for the lining. The instructions were okay but there were some mistakes. The ties for the d-ring were twice as long as they should be and the instructions for how to insert the front facing was wrong. I ended up finishing the raw edge and basting it to the front of the vest, wrong sides together and then sewing as if it wasn't there. It definitely makes the vest have a nicer, stiffer hang to it so I'm glad I didn't leave it out.

ETA: I wanted to mention that I graded all the seams (April1930s has a great tute about this on her blog I think). It really made a difference with how the outer shell laid with the lining. It takes a while but makes the garment look much better.

Last edited by hershyyyy; 05-29-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.