Thread: Design 14 PistachioChocolate reversible raglan top

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 14 PistachioChocolate reversible raglan top

Size 92-122

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 14 PistachioChocolate reversible raglan

sewn in 92cm, the neckline opening for the reversible version seems a teeny bit small for "big heads" kid. a great piece for boys, i've made a good bunch of these hoodies for my ds.

the reversible version

the non-reversible version
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty much the same as the babies, though I like the sleeves on this one better. Great pattern, no issues for me.

Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

My DD loves this top! No issues sewing and I will make more. The stripes are hot pink, it's kind of hard to tell in the pics....

Downloads
    Uploads

Added ears and turned and topstitched the hood rather than binding it. I didn't make it reversible.
    Easy, straightforward pattern.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 104
    The reverse side is opposite (black sleeves, white body)
    ~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Christmas present for a family friend. I used the bowling knit I got from Melissa (mdaisy).

The pattern is Otto 4/09 #14

The reverse:
    ~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

I am making this pattern now, but I hit a roadblock! I sewed each of the two shirts, bound the hood face edges together, basted the hood to the striped shirt, then sewed the solid shirt on top at the neckline. Basically, the shirt is wearable, except that the sleeves and hem are still raw. It looks great, but now I can't figure out how to sew the right sides of the sleeve edges together (and then turn them right-side out again). I feel like I'm doing origami - turning the fabric this way and that - but I just can't get it right. Can anyone offer any advice? The pattern instructions just say to separate the shirts, but they are connected at the hood! I don't get it!

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
    Leah

Downloads
    Uploads

I know I had the same question and someone posted some pictures. I can't search for it now but can come back later and find it. I know I was doing the baby version of the shirt if you search for that.
    ~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 98 made for DS

Downloads
    Uploads

With added cuffs at wrists and bottom. I didn't make it reversible because I always have a really hard time lining things. Like the above poster said, it's kind of like origami.
    Anyway, without lining it, it comes together very quickly and easily. The fit is great. Will make it again.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this in a 116 cm and unlined. The sleeves will be way too long if you use the unlined version! The fit is quite boxy, but very cute. I made this in a knit terry and it is very soft and a great Fall hoodie. It would make a great beach coverup type hoodie as well.

Last edited by LAB; 11-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Laura

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!