User Tag List

Thread: Bella bella pants * added to downloads *

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Mama Bella bella pants * added to downloads *

Items needed:
    -pattern- My base pattern is otto 3/06 #23. If you don't have otto 3/06, you can order it from sewzannes.
    -fabric- I used 1 yd of main and 1 yd of contrast for size 86 (2T) pants. Expect to use about a yard of contrast. Refer to your pattern for the amount of main fabric needed.
    -serger- All directions are given for a serger. There are ways to do this on a sewing machine, but they are not all explained in great detail.
    -1/2" elastic
    -tracing paper- I use Easy Pattern.
    -other sewing supplies- I always find that a seam ripper is a good thing to have on hand.

Step 1: Cut out all pieces. For the pants, you will need 2 fronts and 2 backs cut from your main fabric. Also cut 5 rectangles the same length as your frills by the full width of the fabric. I cut 5 rectangles at 3.75" by 44 inches and my 4 frills from the contrast fabric.

Step 2a: Sew up the center seam of the two front pieces right sides together. Put aside for now.
    Step 2b: Sew up the center seam of the two back pieces (RST).

Step 3: Spread out your sewn BACK, and copy the general shape onto tracing paper.

Step 4: Bump out the sides of the pattern keeping the waistline the same, and smooth the curve on the bottom of the skirt. Cut the pattern out on a fold to make sure the skirt is the same on both sides. Cut out skirt piece from main fabric.

Step 5: Spend some quality time with your serger doing rolled hems on the bottom of all ruffles and frills. You could also do a narrow hem on all pieces if you do not have a serger or if you don't know how to do rolled hems on a sewing machine.

Step 6: Ruffle the tops of all frills and ruffles. I did this on my serger by setting my stitch length at 5.0 and Diff at 2.0 (on my Husky 936). You could also baste and hand gather all ruffles.

Last edited by sewingmel; 03-02-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My gluten-free blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.