User Tag List

Thread: Pull-Over Hooded Sweater OTTO 4/07, #34

Downloads
    Uploads

Pull-Over Hooded Sweater OTTO 4/07, #34

Hello! Here is a cute sweater tut for y'all. Enjoy! Feel free to ask questions.

Here is what I'm making today.... #34 and #14....

While I cut out my fabric, I make some embroideries for the outfit...

Cut out fabric and patterns...

Sew shoulder seams with right sides facing..

Sew hood pieces together at seams right sides facing and topstitch...

Sew outer hood onto neckline right sides facing...

Now take the inner hood and do the same thing but with the right side of the hood facing the wrong side of the neckline... and then flip hood into outer hood and see your pretty lined hood.

Put binding on using your favorite method... and tack at bace of neckline...

Sew bindings onto the pocket piece...

Sew pocket piece onto the sweater front upside down at the tacked binding right side of pocket facing right side of sweater...

I forgot to add my embroidery so I add it now that I can still flip that pocket... Topstitch the pocket top and sides and baste the bottom to the waistline...

Sew sleeves on...

I added my sleeve embroidery now...

Sew sleeves from wrist to waistline...

more in reply......
    Last edited by Tamar; 01-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Tamar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    In love with Gavriel since '97
    SAHM to 6 delicious girls and 1 little prince
    ***Nava***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Pull-Over Hooded Sweater OTTO 4/07, #34

Sew sleeve cuffs into tubes.... and fold each in half...

Sew cuffs to sleeve edges...

Make a tube out of the waistband... and fold in half...

Sew it to the waistline....

Done!!
    And here is my cutie wearing her new outfit!!

Now to tut the skirt.....
    Last edited by Tamar; 01-13-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    Tamar
    ***Nava***

Downloads
    Uploads

Wonderful Tamar....love it and all the pictures Great job!!!
    My soul is fed by needle and thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Love the tutorial! Great hoodie.
    ~~Michelle~~

Downloads
    Uploads

wow tamar! thanks for doing that!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    I live for that face.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet hoodie - you make it look so easy!
    Brenda
    Momma to Mallory

Downloads
    Uploads

hello so cute i would like to no what book that is showing in you'r tut all so is it chalked full of patterns it looks like it. i would love to find out thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, wow - THANK YOU for this, I swear if only all patterns were all clear and visual like this I could make ANYTHING, lol! Totally random, but that pic of the sleeve cuffs standing up is really cracking me up, like the Seuss pants with nobody inside 'em! (yeah, I probably need to head to bed, ha!)

geniva - it's an Ottobre sewing magazine - you can find them plenty of places online (I do love sewzannesfabrics.com !) and they are really fabulous! The tracing can be offputting if you've never done it, but if you're used to tracing patterns, like with Kwik Sew, then you'll probably love them!
    Asa
    Busy mama to my herd!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Totally random, but that pic of the sleeve cuffs standing up is really cracking me up, like the Seuss pants with nobody inside 'em! (yeah, I probably need to head to bed, ha!)
    LOL, it was cracking me up too!! I still smile when I see it. It's the little things in life, right?
    Tamar
    ***Nava***

Downloads
    Uploads

Tamar, it looks fabulous! Love the finished outfit and the tute is great...you make it look sooo easy. (I love embroidery you chose!)

Debbie

Christopher is here! June 10, 2010
    Weighed 7lb 6oz, 21 in long.
    Totally adorable!

Downloads
    Uploads

Great job!! That is lovely!!
    Tonya

Downloads
    Uploads

I love that one, I will try it as soon as I get me sewing room organized and put back together!
    Jess, usually
    Sahm to Abby (9), Gen (5), Lillian (3) And Olivia 1/24/08

So, what did you do over Christmas Vacation???

Downloads
    Uploads

very nice tute and so pretty!
    Heather, wife to Scott since 96, mama to Logan 14, Devyn 12 and Trevor 5
    Check out my store.
    and my son's new store
    for cool wall decals.

Downloads
    Uploads

So Cute Tamar you make it look as easy as pie! I love seing the little odds and ends on your sewing table as well. The toys and books make it look like your kiddies are right there with you enjoying watching mommy sew, sew, sew.
    P.S. I have alway been jelous of your mad embroidery skills!
    Princess Peach

Downloads
    Uploads

AWESOME!!! You make it look so easy!! I am going to try the hoodie pattern soon!!
    ~~Thank you ~~Tamar!!! ~: ))
    ~Marilyn~

~~Maui 2011~~

Downloads
    Uploads

cute

Hi I am Joanna, I am married to the love of my life Randy, and we have a beautiful daughter named Ella Gene.

Downloads
    Uploads

Adorable! Thank you!
    Amy: Mama to Max and Stella and Certified Professional Midwife