PDA

View Full Version : crybabysboutique.com

Lujain
11-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi mamas,

I have been keeping quiet the following experience, and I think that mamas have the right to know about this and be precautious.

I had a very bad transaction and communication with crybabysboutique.com and lost $146!!! still did not get a "settlement" or "middleground" with the seller cause she is not replying to my emails since July 2008
Details as follows:

- On Decemeber 20,2007 I payed international shipping for a Flat Rate Box AND! a Flat Rate Envelope since it did not all fit in a FRB. Both cost me around ~$47 priority. For 11 yds of fabric.

- Never recieved fabric, waited until February 12,2008 to contact Amy, received replys sometimes a week later, telling me she will look for more information of shipping for my order in her papers.

- Replied to me that she threw them away since she just opened her new .com shop since she moved from hyenacart and blamed me that I contacted her late.

- If a package gets lost, then how come both packages got lost?? that is not logical.

- I was naiive, thinking that since I am international that I will take some time to arrive me, that I always kept emailing here everyweek that it still did not arrive and I had trust with her.

- In April, I contacted her through sewingmamas since I did not get a reply from her, and she promised to send me what I have ordered and she was waiting for backordered fabric.

- In May I contacted her about the status , she said that she did not send the box and that she is working on it.

- Waited for 2 months until July and she did not reply to me so I had to post for help on sewingmamas.com , WHICH made her reply to me saying that we have to find a middle ground on this situation.

- Replied to her and NEVER HEARD FROM HER SINCE!! I sent over 10 emails and she did not reply to me ever!!!!!!!!

Now I will arrange the emails/replys in a document and post it here if necessary.

Isabel
11-30-2008, 07:30 AM
I've never had a transaction with her but just want to say I'm sorry about your experience :(

:hug2: I hope everything works out.

Lujain
11-30-2008, 08:19 AM
thank you for your support... as I am form the other side of the world, I feel lonely about this situation.

Isabel
11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
thank you for your support... as I am form the other side of the world, I feel lonely about this situation.

I'm sorry you feel lonely. I don't think it should matter WHERE you are from, EVERYONE deserves good customer service.:hug2:

plainjanesews
11-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Man- that totally sucks. I get anxious when a package takes a week to arrive and I am domestic. There are several threads lately about postal problems. It seems like the general consensus if you sell something you are responsible to refund the money even if that is an inconvenience of being the seller. Were your packages insured? My understanding is that when the package is insured and a claim is to be made the seller has to make the claim not the buyer. In the meantime the seller usually refunds the money to the buyer and waits for the refund from the PO...

I am sorry you are feeling lonely about this...

mysweetlife
11-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Ugh that sucks Im sorry!

Island~mom
11-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I am sorry you are going through this!! I hope she gets in contact with you and gets it all straightened out!

shellyhouse
11-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, I will be taking her off of my to buy from list until I hear that this is resolved. That is just wrong!

Chrisnkelley
11-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I was just looking at her site last night! She has a lot of neat stuff! That is horrible, I will not buy anything either until I hear that your situation is resolved!

Isabel
11-30-2008, 06:13 PM
This has been going on almost ONE YEAR????! Unbelievable:think:

mom2jban
11-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow, almost a year? That's a shame! I've ordered from her several times and have had no problems, shipping is not as fast as say, Sewzannes', but I've never had trouble. I hope you can get this resolved soon!

Lujain
12-01-2008, 09:09 AM
YES! It will be almost a year! and she has never replied to me since July, though I am still emailing her.

MegSmocks
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi mamas,

I have been keeping quiet the following experience, and I think that mamas have the right to know about this and be precautious.

I had a very bad transaction and communication with crybabysboutique.com and lost $146!!! still did not get a "settlement" or "middleground" with the seller cause she is not replying to my emails since July 2008
Details as follows:

- On Decemeber 20,2007 I payed international shipping for a Flat Rate Box AND! a Flat Rate Envelope since it did not all fit in a FRB. Both cost me around ~$47 priority. For 11 yds of fabric.

- Never recieved fabric, waited until February 12,2008 to contact Amy, received replys sometimes a week later, telling me she will look for more information of shipping for my order in her papers.

- Replied to me that she threw them away since she just opened her new .com shop since she moved from hyenacart and blamed me that I contacted her late.

- If a package gets lost, then how come both packages got lost?? that is not logical.

- I was naiive, thinking that since I am international that I will take some time to arrive me, that I always kept emailing here everyweek that it still did not arrive and I had trust with her.

- In April, I contacted her through sewingmamas since I did not get a reply from her, and she promised to send me what I have ordered and she was waiting for backordered fabric.

- In May I contacted her about the status , she said that she did not send the box and that she is working on it.

- Waited for 2 months until July and she did not reply to me so I had to post for help on sewingmamas.com , WHICH made her reply to me saying that we have to find a middle ground on this situation.

- Replied to her and NEVER HEARD FROM HER SINCE!! I sent over 10 emails and she did not reply to me ever!!!!!!!!

Now I will arrange the emails/replys in a document and post it here if necessary.

You asked me about Crybabies and I had to go do a little research of my order. My first order was in the same time frame. The little girl of one of our friends from the pool was killed in a car accident at the same time, so I did not miss the fabric...was a bit overwhelmed with other things going on. I did get my fabric on my first order...it just took about 2 months. The start of the delay was my fault. I didn't realize that she did the shipping cost separate and the email about it went into my spam folder...didn't look for it since I didn't know I was missing it. I went looking for a different email that I was missing in late Dec/early Jan. and found her original in my spam folder...I promptly wrote an apology and paid and then the fabric didn't arrive...didn't arrive... emailed again and she let me know she had lost my address...wasn't even sure where the package was...ended up she had more yardage and cut and shipped a new package. (Now of course that fabric is well aged in my house...what was my rush?!?)
I did end up ordering again from her... paid and two day later the package was shipped with no delays. I think the first order was just lost in her transition from old to new as she changed websites etc. She was pleasant to deal with.

Crybabies does have some nice knits. The quality on the three pieces I have ordered from her is top notch.

Have you tried sending her a snail mail note?

HodgePodge
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all of that. For whatever it's worth, I've ordered from her several times in the past year, and I've always had great service.

littlewillow
12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry mama. I hope to see this resolved soon.
:hug2:

jamiea
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all of that. For whatever it's worth, I've ordered from her several times in the past year, and I've always had great service.

Same from me. I hope you get resolution. Thus far, my experiences with her have only been good.

sapo verde
12-03-2008, 05:51 PM
WOW! :(

just peachy
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I am sorry you feel alone, and hope to see this is resolved soon. I do agree with the pp that the general concensus is the seller needs to make good on this purchase.

Ama_Anbhu
12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Sorry this happened to you. I will say from my experience Amy is not the best at emails. I have ordered from her three times and she has never been good with communication or speed. The last order I did I received in okay time since I emailed her first and told her how fast I needed it. However, I ordered 5 yards of something labeled medium weight.. and it was definitely light weight. I could not use it for the custom order I had. In the end, she just did not respond to my email.

So I too will not be eager to order from her again.

Keep at it. PM her through here. I guarantee she wants to keep SMs happy.

And keep us posted on what happens. You should never feel that your location makes you alone. We are a community, regardless of location. :hug:

starsandlollipops
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
That is so dissapointing to hear.. I remember hearing you talk about this, but didn't realize it was w/ Crybaby's
:( I've shopped there less and less, this makes me so happy we have a store like the fabric fairy - that's the way I like to be treated. They always make you feel important, and go out of their way to help - and that's how it should be IMO.
:hug: I really pray this gets resolved - totally unexceptable!

orteggleston
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
So disappointing to hear :(

I really hope that this gets resolved...it has been much too long!

CrunchyClark
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I've had less than stellar experiences with her in the past as well. Long response (if ever) times from her and fabric that wasn't exactly as described.

Personally, I'd not let it go and keep at her. SHE has to prove she sent it, or she owes you the money back, plain and simple. Unfortunately it's too long to file with Paypal, but you could still keep at her here, and via e-mail and hope that enough people hear about it that she loses business and decides to do the right thing.

When I ship internationally, I keep the receipt until I hear the person has the item in hand, as I know it can sometimes be MONTHS. Also, as of about a year ago, all Priority mail INCLUDES some insurance with it, so she should be able to claim the insurance on an item so surely should keep the receipts!!!!!

Lujain
12-10-2008, 03:06 AM
I have asked for a refund.
But she never ever replies back!
She ignores me, it is not fair.
That is what is frustrating about this situation.

Since she is a seller and if she cares for her CUSTOMERS, she would have solved this.

As it has reached to this point: IT IS UN ETHICAL.

Is there another way to contact her?

Is there another place where I can testify my situation to make buyers aware.

What shall I do?

Kimmyboo
12-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Isn't there some kind of badapples site you can report on? I've only ordered a few times from her a long time ago!

Isabel
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Lujain...has this been resolved yet?

Lujain
12-11-2008, 12:15 AM
No :( She is still not replying to me since July 2008

cowmommy
12-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Did you pay with a credit card? If so, Is it too late to do a chargeback?

MyBeautifulGirl
12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe some type of certified letter? I got this from her site:

Crybabys Boutique
8623 Valley View St
Buena Park, CA 90620

Also, maybe you could actually call her??

I too have tried to contact her multiple times and never get a response. :( Too bad for her because I was interested in purchasing fabric, but now I won't.

Ama_Anbhu
12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I am not sure who would do this, but what if we signed a petition of sorts with every SM who pledged to not buy from her until she worked to resolve this.

I am not sure how these matters work, but simply not responding is not acceptable.

Stephanie
12-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope this all can get resolved at some point. (SOON!) I have always been disatisfied with the customer service there. Slow shipping is a big pet peeve of mine. The fabric fairy, on the other hand, rocks my socks!

crybabys
12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Lujain-
You should really tell the whole story if you are going to come and blast me here. I was lucky enough to get a few emails from customers letting me know as I have no time to get on here anymore.
Your email came 4 MONTHS after the fact and the only reason why I do not bother to answer you is when I did tell you I would send the box of fabric again ( coming out of my own pocket) you were nothing but threatening and rude. I am sorry but when my store was small on HC I did not keep international package slips that long. I thought i was going out of my way to resend something after 4 months , as most online store would not even think of it. Go ahead and talk up your shit & get a whole bunch of people who know one side of the story take pity on you and make you feel better. I don't have the time nor effort to go down this route like so many others in the past.
And yes , I am a true WAHM who is doing this on her own. My little sis went off to med school so until I can I am doin this alone. With 3 kids alone it can take me a little bit to get back to people sometimes and I have no care to give any sob stories . I am super busy and getting things done as fast as I can. I have no problem admitting my faults and hopefully in the future I will be able to hire employees and go that route.

just peachy
12-12-2008, 09:18 PM
:(

Lujain
12-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Lujain-
You should really tell the whole story if you are going to come and blast me here. I was lucky enough to get a few emails from customers letting me know as I have no time to get on here anymore.
Your email came 4 MONTHS after the fact and the only reason why I do not bother to answer you is when I did tell you I would send the box of fabric again ( coming out of my own pocket) you were nothing but threatening and rude. I am sorry but when my store was small on HC I did not keep international package slips that long. I thought i was going out of my way to resend something after 4 months , as most online store would not even think of it. Go ahead and talk up your shit & get a whole bunch of people who know one side of the story take pity on you and make you feel better. I don't have the time nor effort to go down this route like so many others in the past.
And yes , I am a true WAHM who is doing this on her own. My little sis went off to med school so until I can I am doin this alone. With 3 kids alone it can take me a little bit to get back to people sometimes and I have no care to give any sob stories . I am super busy and getting things done as fast as I can. I have no problem admitting my faults and hopefully in the future I will be able to hire employees and go that route.

Do you REMEMBER correctly our situation well????
I emailed you in Februaruy 12 (to ask about parcel not being recieved) since December 20 (when shipping payment was sent), that is NOT a 4MONTH FYI.

What I have explained is WHAT HAPPENED??????

Your side or my side, this is A ONE situation that is ALL documented with me... Dear this is an online world between me and you, so I have everything saved.

The emails between you and me, I got them documented and sorted to date and I will show it here. I do not mind showing it, and if anyone needs my email plus password to check every email, I wouldnt hesitate to give, even to you Amy.

I seeked help here because you do not reply back to me ( May 29 to July 8).
And fellow mamas did not hesitate to suggest what should I be doing and what should be done.

And WHERE was I rude??????????
for making excuses for you, that you sent the package by FC and waiting for it for 3MONTHS??
or was I rude becuase I did not reveal your shop name in the posts here in sewingmamas back in JULY and SEPTEMBER
or was I rude that I waited for more than month for a package that you falsely promised to send(april 12 to may 14)?
or was I rude because I waited very long for your replies??
Tell me I want to know?

And I think of my situation that is important for fellow mamas to know about, they SHOULD KNOW THE REALITY!!!!!!!!!! period

MelissainIA
12-13-2008, 07:38 PM
The section of the board that this was posted in is rating & reviews. Lujain gave her version, and also asked for help in what she should do to remedy this situation.
But this: "Go ahead and talk up your shit & get a whole bunch of people who know one side of the story take pity on you and make you feel better. I don't have the time nor effort to go down this route like so many others in the past" shows me a WAHM who I had done business with before, was lucky to have a decent experience with, but won't order from again. I had no horse in this race up to this point, but instead of trying to rectify the situation, you..well, I'm appalled. I would've ordered even after Lujain's post, but not after your own post - so what does that say for the situation?
Melissa

nutmeg
12-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh my.

Lujain-

Your email came 4 MONTHS after the fact and the only reason why I do not bother to answer you is when I did tell you I would send the box of fabric again (coming out of my own pocket) you were nothing but threatening and rude. I am sorry but when my store was small on HC I did not keep international package slips that long. I thought i was going out of my way to resend something after 4 months, as most online store would not even think of it.

Go ahead and talk up your shit & get a whole bunch of people who know one side of the story take pity on you and make you feel better. I don't have the time nor effort to go down this route like so many others in the past.

And yes , I am a true WAHM who is doing this on her own. My little sis went off to med school so until I can I am doin this alone. With 3 kids alone it can take me a little bit to get back to people sometimes and I have no care to give any sob stories. I am super busy and getting things done as fast as I can. I have no problem admitting my faults and hopefully in the future I will be able to hire employees and go that route.

I'd appreciate less name calling and four letter words. I know others would too.

The section of the board that this was posted in is rating & reviews. Lujain gave her version, and also asked for help in what she should do to remedy this situation.

But this:

"Go ahead and talk up your shit & get a whole bunch of people who know one side of the story take pity on you and make you feel better. I don't have the time nor effort to go down this route like so many others in the past"
shows me a WAHM who I had done business with before, was lucky to have a decent experience with, but won't order from again. I had no horse in this race up to this point, but instead of trying to rectify the situation, you..well, I'm appalled. I would've ordered even after Lujain's post, but not after your own post - so what does that say for the situation?
Melissa

Exactly. I think one must remember that this forum gets read by a LOT of potential customers. We have a fast growing community of 12,000+, who share copy and paste information to other sites.

We are going to be updating our reviews section in the next week and it will be much more public, and easier to leave honest reviews without being attacked by the sellers.

We all have hard days, most of us are moms and do understand. But really, there is no need to be so discourteous. Communicating positively with customers in a calm manner is the best reaction. Your defensive post only fans the fire and alienates other potential customers.

If you’re able to nip the issue in the bud and deal with it quickly then by all means resolve the issue and move on. Answer emails and PM's. Make sure your PM's are turned on here and that you get email notices so you can keep on top of business.

Also, a real apology goes a long way. The words, “I’m sorry” show a customer that you’re on their side and want to resolve the situation.

I hope it can be resolved, and quickly. Let's keep it kind here, okay?

MyBeautifulGirl
12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Also, a real apology goes a long way. The words, “I’m sorry” show a customer that you’re on their side and want to resolve the situation.

Let's keep it kind here, okay?

theclap Thanks Meg

Sawa1210
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow. I'm glad I read this. I received X-mas $$ to spend on fabric and was looking on her site! Reading with my own eyes how she is handling this situation is APPALLING and I will make sure to never purchase from her.

Customer service goes a long way.

justmyrinda
12-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry for both of you that this has come to this.

And I can see it well from both sides, having recently had an issue myself...

but it was pointed out to me that you can't really use the excuse of being a WAHM for not communicating or giving good customer service. If you want to have a business, you need to be professional.

Rudeness or no, your customer says they did not recieve over $100 of merchandise and that just isn't right. You would be pretty mad if someone did that to you, wouldn't you?

As a fellow WAHM/online fabric store owner, I agree that an apology goes a long way. No one is perfect, we are only human, but I'm sorry...if I had an order that big go missing like that, I'd sure be replacing it or refunding, no matter how painful that seems.

Karrie
12-16-2008, 06:17 AM
you can't really use the excuse of being a WAHM for not communicating or giving good customer service. If you want to have a business, you need to be professional.

Rudeness or no, your customer says they did not recieve over $100 of merchandise and that just isn't right. You would be pretty mad if someone did that to you, wouldn't you?

ITA. I was really shocked to hear the response from Crybabys. Wow. That makes me think twice about ordering from her. If I ever DO have a problem, I can see first hand the response I could get. If I'm out the usual amount of money I spend on fabric, I would be very upset.

brevans02
12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow. :( I recently had a little issue with Amy (crybabys) myself, which DID get resolved once I was able to reach her. That said, after reading her response, I'm not sure I'll be ordering from her again. I'm very happy with the fabric I got, but I think it is terribly unprofessional (and not very nice) to use four letter words like that in any communication.

CrunchyClark
12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
but it was pointed out to me that you can't really use the excuse of being a WAHM for not communicating or giving good customer service. If you want to have a business, you need to be professional.

This is VERY true! :yes:

WAHMs want to be treated like a business, well then they need to act like one! Respond to your customers, keep them in communication, and try to see things from their side too. Also, has this $100 in fabric been worth the lost customers? For every one that had the courage to post here that they won't shop, there are probably 10 more that don't post, and don't shop.

girlfactory
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Exactly, Holly. I too have been oogling her cotton/lycra for Dundies, but I won't be purchasing. Too bad, so sad :( Lujain, just for the record, you were courteous and we had a positive fabric trading experience :)

Ama_Anbhu
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
As hard as it may be, I will not shop with Crybabies until she does something for Lujain. I can find other places to spend my money who would appreciate it.

And just imagine if this thread was in the MG forum.

rebelflame
12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm not a fabricholic by any means, but i do purchase a fair amount. I too am on a fast from this particular wham. There are so many other places to buy fabric.. no point in taking a chance at bad service.

Alison
12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
I remember this transaction b/c Lujain posted about it here and I was more on the WAHM's side - until I realized she said she paid for priority mail. http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=875 65&highlight=dubai Priority mail automatically insures packages. When priority is paid for (and it is much higher than first class international), then the customer is essentially paying for insurance. So technically this transaction should have been handled much differently as crybabys should be responsible to file the insurance claim or if that cannot be done, replace or refund.

In addition, if a customer of mine hadn't paid for insurance, the least I would do for them would be to show them proof that I had shipped the pkg with a receipt. If I couldn't find the receipt, I would assume responsibility of the pkg.

Also remember, Amy that there could be a language barrier difference which could be the reason why there is a disagreement in tone and language...

KKDJLJA
12-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I had ordered a bunch of Christmas fabric from there back when she FIRST stocked it. Like more than a month ago. Before reading any of this. I should have had PLENTY of time to sew it up. But FINALLY received it last week.:shakinghead[1]: A whole week before Christmas. So now I will pack it away for next year

mtandg
12-19-2008, 08:45 PM
OK I am going to post my situation here so it does not seem like I am trashing anyone:

I had ordered from her before but did not think anything of the long turnaround time.

She was able to order these special character fabrics with Japanese characters that we wanted-so I ordered 1yd of each.

Really and in the midst of this she let me pay a few days late, we both were late in emailing. It was separate from her store so it was just a pp invoice.

She said more could fit into the mailer so I shopped and again there were delayed emails between each other.

A lot of this was my fault as the customer I kept forgetting to email her and get this all done. But then when I would email from here via PMs and personal and from her website the turnaround time was sometimes a week or so.

OK and in my research I have to say I was wrong in the midst of this she did email to say that her contact in Japan had forgotten to put the other yd of fabric in that I wanted and she gave me a credit and that is what I partly used to fill the mailer.

So one thing was missing and I emailed and got a response that same day to say she thought it was in there (can completely understand this) but since the 9th I have not received an email stating that it was found and mailed or what so I don't really know what to think

So really I have still asked her to research these certain special fabrics with the Japanese words as I have not found them anywhere else although I suppose I could ask the Fabric fairy as she seems to get a lot from overseas but I just never thought about it till now. But other than that I will most likely never make large orders or if I do I will just do a little at a time and know that it might be a while.

I did not receive PP shipping info email.

I wish that her responses via email were quicker but I do understand BUT yes also I have high expectations from WAH SMamas and high professionalism or at least a mom to mom email saying 'hey I am just busy but I did get your email and will email you later' BUT again I did not email her back in a timely matter either...

...she is a nice mama who makes mistakes, gets busy, gets overwhelmed I know how it is and I think nothing was malicious or that she is taking off with fabric or money but the turn around time once we finished the transaction after all this time was a lot longer than I expected mostly because I have now been spoiled rotten by other online fabric stores and that just raises the standards for the rest of us... so in the end I like her stuff and will work with her if she can find those special things but she will not be one of the first stores I go to when I am searching for things when I can get them quicker somewhere else

SynEpona
12-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I was lucky enough to get a few emails from customers letting me know

Amy, I'm sorry I was one of the people to let you know about this thread.

I honestly thought you should read it and as I mentioned in my message to you "address the concerns". Swearing at a customer on a public forum isn't what I had in mind.

I will not buy from you again. This thread is not gossip, it's your (former) customers choosing to not patronize your business.

It's a fairly well known fact in marketing that it's better/cheaper/easier to keep an existing customer than to secure a new one. Unhappy customers that have their situations corrected are often the best customers in the end. Just think, if you had merely spent the 100$ or so to re-send the buyers fabric or refund the payment, over 1100 views would have been here to read about your incredible service, and you have gained customers - probably more than 100$ of advertising would have gotten.

mtandg
12-20-2008, 10:07 AM
And just for the record I did email Amy last night saying I was wrong in what I thought was missing and still asked her to keep searching for the fabrics I was looking for because one was supposed to be in Japanese and the one I actually got was English words...and I inquired about my missing item.

harooney
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Is there someone that can reassure me that although it has been 4+ weeks and I have sent 3 enquiries, with no reply whatsoever, that I will actualy receive my parcel eventually? It is a large parcel and I live in Australia. I have received 3 other packages from the US which were ordered well after this order. Does she not like large orders or is it International orders?
My account says the order is still processing, so I figured that it means it hasn't been shipped yet. I would really like the order - despite it having some christmas prints that are no longer required for this year. :(
I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a refund through paypal but am hoping it is just bad service not no service.
So I am hoping that there are fellow Australians that can reassure me that they DO get their parcels. It is such a shame because there are some lovely fabrics in store and I would happily be a return customer if I got my parcel and had just a little communication. $250AUD is a lot of money in limbo. If it isn't going to happen, I could get the money back and go and spend it somewhere else.
Helen

Kimmyboo
12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow this is crazy! I'm actually afraid to buy now in fear of getting sworn at or my head bit off. Definetly not good customer service at all. I really hope Amy will come here to apologize.

Helen-I would file with PayPal if I were you before your 45 days are up. or maybe you'll get your package in time for Christmas next yr :D Sorry bad joke. I would file asap! 4+ weeks to wait for a pkg from an online fabric store is a long time unless it's stated on her site that some pkgs will take longer than 4+ weeks to ship(but even still its a long time to wait).

Mabel
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow :( This thread is so shocking to me. I will definitely be removing Crybabys from my bookmarks in my online fabric stores folder. Which is really too bad :( A polite, business-like response would have made a WORLD of difference in my book.

Isabel
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm saddened that this STILL hasn't been resolved.....(and that others seem to be having issues as well).

I'm sticking with my tried and true WAHM's!

evatgirl73
12-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Helen, I cannot guess what's going on right now with Amy but I do know that people in Australia have shopped there and been very happy with her before. I have never had any problems at all with Crybabies and order from her at least every 4-6wks. The orders can take a while to ship but that's usually not an issue for me as I never order anything I need *now*.

Underwhelmed
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Wow. Glad that I read this thread. Swearing at a customer is NEVER acceptable :shakinghead[1]:. If you can't say something nice...

Potters4
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow! Way out of line Amy! Seams like over and over people have issue with you with your shipping, lack of communication and now you curse your customers. Plenty of wahms do it alone and still get things out in a timly manner and respond to there customers. Count me in as another person who won't be shopping your store.

Cathi
12-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Is there someone that can reassure me that although it has been 4+ weeks and I have sent 3 enquiries, with no reply whatsoever, that I will actualy receive my parcel eventually? It is a large parcel and I live in Australia. I have received 3 other packages from the US which were ordered well after this order. Does she not like large orders or is it International orders?
My account says the order is still processing, so I figured that it means it hasn't been shipped yet. I would really like the order - despite it having some christmas prints that are no longer required for this year. :(
I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a refund through paypal but am hoping it is just bad service not no service.
So I am hoping that there are fellow Australians that can reassure me that they DO get their parcels. It is such a shame because there are some lovely fabrics in store and I would happily be a return customer if I got my parcel and had just a little communication. $250AUD is a lot of money in limbo. If it isn't going to happen, I could get the money back and go and spend it somewhere else.
Helen

I have bought from her regularly. Sometimes things have been slow to ship but generally it has been fine, and she has gone out of her way to offer me things that she knows my dd loves that haven't been in the online store. My last order was complicated (waiting on the fabric to arrive to her before she could ship), so the delay was as much due to that and me being indecisivive, lol.

I hope your package turns up soon. I would email her and request shipping dates, normally things only take a week to get here. Once they've actually shipped.

northernmama
12-29-2008, 03:30 PM
wow, this is sad. i am glad i came here and read about it before purchasing any fabric from CBB. safe to say i wont be purchasing any fabric till the situation is resolved.

mamato7
12-30-2008, 12:06 AM
I was hoping Amy would be caught up with the holidays winding down :( Has anyone heard from her at all recently?

sweetpeaboutique
12-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I was hoping Amy would be caught up with the holidays winding down :( Has anyone heard from her at all recently?

are u missing an order too? i ordered on dec 8 and STILL have not received it! i have tried emailing and nothing........ theres actually a few of us on DS that are missing our orders from the same week!

this is insane!

mamato7
12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
are u missing an order too? i ordered on dec 8 and STILL have not received it! i have tried emailing and nothing........ theres actually a few of us on DS that are missing our orders from the same week!

this is insane!

Well bummer to hear that she isn't responding to any emails and missing pkgs. I was hoping to hear back from her directly to resolve the problem:think: :(

sweetpeaboutique
12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
nope. and i wouldnt have minded if there was a note on the web page or something about delayed shipping for the holidays, but i have received all my other orders.

i even lost a custom due to this... im really not happy about this.

dulcet
12-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Alright- since I managed to miss the deadline for filing a paypal claim :shakinghead[1]: and I'm pretty sure I'll never hear from Amy I think I'll post my story as yet another warning to others.

November 8th- Placed an order for 1yd pieces of 3 different fabrics as well as a bargain box of girly fabrics.
November 11th- Received shipping notice.
November 16thish- First email to Amy. My husband is in the military and is currently deployed, so I was leaving my home to go stay with family in a different state over the holidays and wanted to give her a heads up in case the packages were returned to her (wasn't sure if USPS forwarded packages) No reply from Crybabys.
November 18thish- USPS tracker updated to indicate that the item they were tracking had been lost and they were attempting to locate it for delivery. Again emailed Amy. No reply.
From this point until early December I emailed 1 or 2 more times with no response.
December 13th- Received a package from Crybabys. It only contained the 3 separate 1yd pieces and an invoice that showed those 3 items checked off- but not the bargain box.
I have emailed daily since I received the package, always civilly, to inquire as to the status of the box of fabric. Absolutely no response. To say that I am frustrated is beyond an understatement. Obviously it was my own mistake for not filing with paypal in time, but I think it is very questionable that pp would have sided with me seeing as she does have a dc with delivery shown.
I may yet receive my fabric, but it appears that I will never have contact from Crybabys. I even called the customer service phone number- Surprise! it was disconnected. If the fabric does show up I will certainly update as to that fact- but I think it is very important for all you Mamas to know about the utter lack of customer service that you may receive from this business.

just peachy
12-30-2008, 09:35 PM
This is appalling.

ImaT
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Have you all noticed that her store is pretty much empty? It seems like she's closed up shop never to be heard from again. :(

mamato7
12-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, I also had to file with paypal and my cc company :( I was hoping she would take care of it without involving them but I didn't hear from her anymore. I did not want to miss the filing deadlines to get my money back.
I hope she's okay though and I did enjoy buying from her in the past.

sweetpeaboutique
12-30-2008, 10:44 PM
well. i know of 5 of us on ds that are missing orders :( many of us just filed.... my order from the 8th as a tracking number that says they were notfied. it was a flat rate box....

daisy0306
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm really glad I payed for mine with my CC.... I paid almost 50 CAD for my THREE yards of fabric with a promise from her that I would get a refund for extra shipping. I emailed her tonight. If my package hasn't shipped yet I'll be asking for a refund.

MyBeautifulGirl
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Have you all noticed that her store is pretty much empty? It seems like she's closed up shop never to be heard from again. :(

Hmm, there is still a lot listed? Maybe we are looking at different stuff.

But either way this is just sad and disappointing. :(

Bebelabella
01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Well I am very disappointed with crybabys too : (. I ordered Christmas fabric as well and never received it. It said it shipped but it didn't! I emailed her several times with no response. I needed to know if I should order diff fabric for my dd's dress I was making for Christmas. But she didn't respond back. Which really I found to be upsetting because it didn't give me enough time to find something else. Bummer big time! All I needed was to know that I wouldn't be getting in before Christmas and I could of found something else. I did file a claim with paypal since I couldn't reach her and I was refunded.

sweetpeaboutique
01-01-2009, 03:29 PM
there are quite a few of us missing fabric... some as far back as thanksgiving... it sems none of us can find her and many of us have filed claims in the last few days :( i really wanted the fabric i purchased though! now i have to wait to see if i get a refund and attempt to hunt them down somewhere else.

harooney
01-03-2009, 05:21 AM
No reply and with time being of the essence, a paypal claim has been made for $170USD worth. That's a lot of AUD. Ouch! The last letter I sent I did apologise for the inconvenience of such a large order... I think in future I will stick to small orders. At least I wont lose as much. I'm a bit worried with a few people after refunds.
What happens if Paypal can't reverse the funds?
Helen

mamato7
01-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I received a refund via paypal reversal. The refund didn't come from Amy voluntarily as she promised though which I was disappointed in :(. I hope everyone can get their transactions resolved.

SewinLove
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm glad to hear you received your refund. Hope the same goes for everyone else as well.

Ama_Anbhu
01-03-2009, 08:21 PM
The last letter I sent I did apologise for the inconvenience of such a large order...

I do not think you should have to apologize for placing a large order! Goodness, isn't that what any business hopes for?

I see this all as pretty pathetic business from Amy. All I can say is --- wow!

I sure hope you mamas get your money back.

Has Amy responded to anyone?

mtandg
01-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I do not think you should have to apologize for placing a large order! Goodness, isn't that what any business hopes for?

I see this all as pretty pathetic business from Amy. All I can say is --- wow!

I sure hope you mamas get your money back.

Has Amy responded to anyone?

I apologized several times also on here and in private emails for my mistakes but I have not heard from her yet and have pretty much written off that I will hear from her or I will be pleasantly surprised.

I can totally understand being embarassed when a mistake is made and not wanting to deal with it BUT I have found that when I confront my mistakes first hand and just do my best to make it right then I personally feel better.

Too late for me to do any action through pp and I am more sad that I have been taken by a sewingmama and I hope her life is peaceful and I hope that she does close down her shop so that none of this can happen again for her and for others. Sorry to you all that have lost more than I....

Lujain
01-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!
Ah! mamas this is exactly what has happened to me...
I should have brought this review earlier..to let you mamas know....

So it has come to be obvious..... that it is not my fault :( which she occuses me of.

She does a lot of mistakes, and I mean A LOT! (after reading a lot of mamas replies) and it not fair of her to not "RESOLVE" my situation..
Which to this day ........... STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE...........

just peachy
01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
When I saw you had posted, I hoped to see she had contacted you. I'm sorry. I hope she finds a way to make this right with everyone.

sweetpeaboutique
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
apparently she contacted someone on ds and offered them a refund.. but they havent gotten it yet (it was this am)...

still nothing for me... but it looks like the FRB part will be delivered to me tomorow. now that i no longer want it and had asked for a refund... but when i escalated the claim... magically it was sent.

harooney
01-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I instigated a paypal claim and was refunded at the 11th hour with a short message about family issues. I can forgive and forget now I am refunded but obviously I won't risk another purchase. Obviously she is overwhelmed right now, for whatever reason. I would hate to be in that position with people hounding me. I do feel sorry for her but I think she needs help or needs to get out of the business if she can't keep it together and should close the store until the crisis is over or she has caught up with orders.

Helen

marilynsp
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh, how I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago! I'm pretty new to sewing and crafty stuff in general and honestly didn't know that one site was that much different from another. I ordered fabric on Christmas Eve that needed to be received by January 5th. I had emailed her a few days before asking if this were possible and a few questions about the fabric itself but it wasn't answered. Still, I thought maybe she was off for the holidays and I really wanted this fabric so I thought for SURE if I ordered it priority shipping that it would get to the destination by the 5th.

It was only after I placed this order that I found out others were having some issues with her shop. I couldn't understand that if she needed time off for the holidays, why it didn't say so on her site? And if she normally takes 4-6 weeks to ship, why doesn't it say that on there as well? As a newbie, I had NO way of knowing this!

I emailed her and got response and had no choice but to file a PP dispute so that I could at least get my money back. I knew the fabric would never get to the destination in time, even if were shipped that day. The next day, I heard from her and she cancelled the order. A few days after that, I got my money refunded through PayPal.

The whole thing made me very sad. I had REALLY wanted that fabric and wish I had known that this store was so unreliable before I had placed the order. If I had known, I would have ordered from someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad I know about this site now and thanks for talking about this and putting this all out in the open. Hopefully other mamas have been helped to avoid her because of it!

mtandg
01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I still have not gotten my item nor have I been emailed an apology because my fabric was not was i actually ordered even though I kept it (already paid for) because we like it but it is too late for me to get a refund via pp claim so I am just out money and very very very sad that it has come to this....

daisy0306
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I got a refund through paypal. I'm actually happy about it, I was able to find 2 of the three fabrics elsewhere for better prices. I won't be ordering again, though.

dulcet
01-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I wanted to update that I did eventually receive my full order. After daily emails on my part Amy contacted me on Jan. 5th and I just received the box of fabric today (the 17th).
Overall- I'm very pleased that my order was fulfilled, but it will be hard for me to look past the customer service issues and make the leap to place another order. Hopefully in the months to come Amy will be able to rebuild Crybaby's reputation- as she sure does have some cute fabric! :)

mtandg
01-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Well I guess I can write off the rest of my order because she has not made any contact nor have I received anything.....ok well I am sure some of you are friends with her and have been telling her exactly what has been said here but there is no animosity just frustration....

Cathi
01-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Well I guess I can write off the rest of my order because she has not made any contact nor have I received anything.....ok well I am sure some of you are friends with her and have been telling her exactly what has been said here but there is no animosity just frustration....

I have had good service from her (albeit a bit slow at times) in the past. But the string of issues in this thread really would make me hesitate about buying from her again. Sounds like lots of people have had the same problem: no fabric/wrong fabric plus no communication. I've found thefabricfairy and Sewzanne's (and the other online stores like banberryplace, buntefabrics etc) great for communication, I guess we'll all be sticking to them.

I'm sorry you didn't get your fabric.

kthoelen
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I am dealing with the same thing. I just filed 2 disputes with pp. If she doesn't respond by the end of the week I am going to escalate them as I am running out of time. This is just so frustrating as some of the fabric I need is for custom orders!!!

mtandg
01-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Yea Cathi I am glad you had good service in the past..dunno what happened with her and what is going on....can not escalate mine to pp since it has been too long so I am pretty much washing my hands and moving on....but maybe one day I will get a surprise in the mail

Lujain
01-21-2009, 05:44 AM
but maybe one day I will get a surprise in the mail

Back IN MAY 2008 She promised to resolve and send me fabric, sending her what I didnt receive and my address, and she KEPT ME waiting for 1 MONTH! and when I contacted her she told me she still did not get to it :(

and till now it has been MORE THAN A YEAR NOW..........
and the only reply of her to me is the one in this thread....

Isabel
01-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Back IN MAY 2008 She promised to resolve and send me fabric, sending her what I didnt receive and my address, and she KEPT ME waiting for 1 MONTH! and when I contacted her she told me she still did not get to it :(

and till now it has been MORE THAN A YEAR NOW..........
and the only reply of her to me is the one in this thread....

I'm SO sorry. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. IT STINKS :(
I really had hoped she would have resolved this when you started this thread.

kthoelen
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Just found out that her husband left her and her kids just before Christmas. Sounds like she is having a tough time at home and it has carried over to her business. This is by no means an excuse for not filling orders but at the same time you feel for a mama going thru this kind of thing. IF she could just email people and let them know what was going on it would be a huge help ya know.

Update: her friend said that she is putting in extra fabric to make up for her slowness. I hope you all get your stuff(and me too!!)

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know what I heard on another board.

northernmama
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Just found out that her husband left her and her kids just before Christmas. Sounds like she is having a tough time at home and it has carried over to her business. This is by no means an excuse for not filling orders but at the same time you feel for a mama going thru this kind of thing. IF she could just email people and let them know what was going on it would be a huge help ya know.

Update: her friend said that she is putting in extra fabric to make up for her slowness. I hope you all get your stuff(and me too!!)

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know what I heard on another board.

that is unfortunate but i really think as a responsible seller, she should have kept her customers informed. her website is still running, the least she could do is to put something like..currently down will not take orders till further notice or something along that lines..that will sure save a lot of mamas the grief....life events happen but that dont mean the world has to come to an end.

she will probably be spending a lot of her time building her store's reputation and i must say its unfortunate that it has resort to this since she does have great fabric.

Isabel
01-23-2009, 06:47 AM
That's very unfortunate and I'm sorry :(

kthoelen
01-23-2009, 08:13 AM
that is unfortunate but i really think as a responsible seller, she should have kept her customers informed. her website is still running, the least she could do is to put something like..currently down will not take orders till further notice or something along that lines..that will sure save a lot of mamas the grief....life events happen but that dont mean the world has to come to an end.

she will probably be spending a lot of her time building her store's reputation and i must say its unfortunate that it has resort to this since she does have great fabric.

I agree. She had such wonderful CS and fast shipping and all of a sudden it went totally downhill. I figured something had to have happened. She should have put something on her site though or at least answered emails.

SewinLove
01-23-2009, 08:20 AM
So did we find out if she was in OK? If she's close to me I'd certainly help her get caught back up. I know she must be in a rough place.

mom2a2z
01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Unless she's moved, I believe she's in Cali.

Cathi
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I had wondered if it was something like that...because of her mention of 'doing it all by herself' - somehow sounded like she meant everything totally by herself, not just the fabric.

szelda64
01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, how I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago! I'm pretty new to sewing and crafty stuff in general and honestly didn't know that one site was that much different from another. I ordered fabric on Christmas Eve that needed to be received by January 5th. I had emailed her a few days before asking if this were possible and a few questions about the fabric itself but it wasn't answered. Still, I thought maybe she was off for the holidays and I really wanted this fabric so I thought for SURE if I ordered it priority shipping that it would get to the destination by the 5th.

It was only after I placed this order that I found out others were having some issues with her shop. I couldn't understand that if she needed time off for the holidays, why it didn't say so on her site? And if she normally takes 4-6 weeks to ship, why doesn't it say that on there as well? As a newbie, I had NO way of knowing this!

I emailed her and got response and had no choice but to file a PP dispute so that I could at least get my money back. I knew the fabric would never get to the destination in time, even if were shipped that day. The next day, I heard from her and she cancelled the order. A few days after that, I got my money refunded through PayPal.

The whole thing made me very sad. I had REALLY wanted that fabric and wish I had known that this store was so unreliable before I had placed the order. If I had known, I would have ordered from someone else.

Anyhow, I'm glad I know about this site now and thanks for talking about this and putting this all out in the open. Hopefully other mamas have been helped to avoid her because of it!

Did it ever get resolved, Marilyn?

Carmen74
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm surprised to hear this too. I have shopped several times at Crybaby's and love it. They have some great knits and I never had a problem with the shipping. I hope your problem gets resolved.

mtandg
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM

THANKS FOR THIS UPDATE!

This is really unfortunate truly for her and her family. I know she is in a bad place but as a customer a quick email would have been fine with me and I would wait a little longer no need to give details just a family emergency and keep in touch would have been ok with me not drop off the face of the earth although when hub leaves you that is how it feels...I just am so frustrated that so many get on here saying how great she is and the great customer service etc cause it just does not help at all when a few are getting nothing not even customer service.....hope she can pull through and come out stronger but I would not tell anyone to shop at her store at this time period for fear they might loose their money and their goods

OdieJ
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I ordered from her in January, paid for priority shipping, and received the package3 weeks later. I only received two prints when I ordered three, and one of those was the wrong one I sent three emails, and I have heard nothing back. I will NEVER order there again.

kthoelen
02-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I have emailed her recently and she got right back to me. I placed an order and it has shipped and should be here any day.
I asked her if she had gotten the issues worked out of her shipping and she said it was all straightened out.

mtandg
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I have emailed her recently and she got right back to me. I placed an order and it has shipped and should be here any day.
I asked her if she had gotten the issues worked out of her shipping and she said it was all straightened out.

That worked the first time I ordered from her also it was the second time that got flubbed, seems to be a pattern...it has been months and she will not be getting back to me at this point nor the others who have not heard from her I am sure...i am glad though that she has worked some things out for some people.

branandmike
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe you all who never received fabric should ban together or EACH file a seperate small claims court case on her so she will have to go from state to state to attend hearings. Can you imagine the costs of travel tickets???? She would save thousands just by giving you all a refund.

Lujain
02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I sent out an email to her yesterday, she did not reply to me yet.

mtandg
02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe you all who never received fabric should ban together or EACH file a seperate small claims court case on her so she will have to go from state to state to attend hearings. Can you imagine the costs of travel tickets???? She would save thousands just by giving you all a refund.

Honestly I imagine that she has friends on here-the ones that keep popping in to say that they have received such great service, etc.- and I can imagine that she is determined to not do right by everyone that has complained--she is most likely just going to stay in business and recover from her life issues and hope that those of us who did not get what they ordered, etc. will just fade away.....keep hoping she just gets it over and done with for everyone and we can all move on, hope that she gets her act together and builds back up her rep--would love to have what I ordered know I am not gonna get it ah well...

Isabel
02-24-2009, 06:45 AM

Alison
02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
well I as far as I'm concerned (and I would expect most other sewing mamas feel the same) Crybabys is no longer an operating store. It's not something I would consider purchasing again because of all of the unresolved transaction and her apathy and irresponsibility in handling it properly.

Lujain
02-25-2009, 03:46 AM
I did get a reply within two days:

I have told her in my email that I think this need to be resolved as other buyers experienced this and got it resolved.
She replied back saying that the other buyers situations are different than mine :think:

Replied back again to Amy, informing her about the insurance claim for priority shipping and if done at that time without the delays and promises, it would have been resolved...

Will update as soon as I have a reply.

Isabel
02-25-2009, 06:02 PM

I have told her in my email that I think this need to be resolved as other buyers experienced this and got it resolved.
She replied back saying that the other buyers situations are different than mine :think:

Replied back again to Amy, informing her about the insurance claim for priority shipping and if done at that time without the delays and promises, it would have been resolved...

:faint:

nutmeg
02-26-2009, 03:06 AM
well I as far as I'm concerned (and I would expect most other sewing mamas feel the same) Crybabys is no longer an operating store. It's not something I would consider purchasing again because of all of the unresolved transaction and her apathy and irresponsibility in handling it properly.
Wow. If you say this, it must be bad. You always give everyone a lot of chances and I totally trust your judgment here. Good for you!

I had issues with shipping -- like a month after I ordered with no explanation or sorry or anything. I thought I was the only one. She used to be good but bad word of mouth goes around fast. When she takes it out on people here and openly attacks customers on a thread, it's pretty clear where her mind is at. She doesn't care about her reputation or getting a solid customer base here. That's too bad!

We'll remove her from our fabric shopping list.

Susie Mc7
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I have had some issues too. They were all ultimately resolved though....took a long time.

I feel for her. I am guessing she is pretty devastated and having a hard time getting it together. I wouldn't order from her now, and I don't plan on it in the near future. I hope she gets thru this difficult time.

mtandg
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Yes please do update!! Hope she gets you your money back!!