PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone Bobbin Winder

SweetLilRachy00
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Has anyone tried this out yet?
Well, my IE is being STOOOOOOPID and won't load hancocks site. But I saw it there sitting at the counter by checkouts.

The bobbin winder suddenly stopped working about a year ago on my machine. And since I've been hand winding or having my mom wind me some bobbins (She's 4 miles away) I have to stock up on bobbins so I dont' have to hand wind! Man that sucks!I have a Brother CS8072 (or something like that) and it's been worth it's $200 for the last 6 years.

Anyways, I just noticed that something actually exists for my case!

But I think I need this. DH has realized how tedious hand winding is, and will probably get it for me! :)

Suggestions?

Like it?

Hate it?

Thanks!

Misty589
04-03-2008, 11:54 AM
i've never tried it but i'm sure its a HECK of a lot better than hand winding!

SweetLilRachy00
04-03-2008, 12:03 PM
It's $30 so I was wondering. I wonder if I could return it if for some STUPID reason it doesn't fit my needs!

jewamese
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I just stumbled upon it while browsing the 'net the other night, and was wondering about it too. Will you come back and let us know how it is. I was thinking about getting one just so that I don't have to swap out my current thread when the bobbin is out of thread.

Just_Rosie
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
:yes: I have never figured out how to wind bobbins on the machine I have now. And would have to drag an old machine out that does not work except the bobbin winder. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. It does the job and makes my life easier that is for sure. :cheerful:

jhovallqueen
06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I have one!! I got it with a Joann's 40%off coupon,....at first I thought it was a dumb thing to do, but now that it's summer and I am sewing more often I LOVE it!!!!!! use it all the time now, especially when I'm working on a project and my bobbin runs out, I just go spin a new one without having to mess with my machine,....also use white a lot so I just keep a spool of white on it!:yes:

sewfistamakated
06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
i really like mine alot. it's breeze to use and i don't have to un-thread and re-thread my sewing machine every time i need a bobbin wound. i don't sew as much as some so i don't wind my bobbins in advance and it makes it easier for me because i can wind mine as i need them. i bought my bobbin winder before i bought my new sewing machine and i honestly haven't used the bobbin winder on my sewing machine yet. if you sew alot, it would be a great investment and major timesaver.

ialady44
11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I tend to suddenly (LOL!) need a double needle/double thread to top stitch and I don't like to stop to wind another bobbin so I can use 2 threads. I was glad to read the reviews here. I can get one 50% off this weekend at Hancocks so I think I'm going shopping. Thanks mamas.

kaytiebugs
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
If yours isn't working, I'm sure it'd be great for you!! I don't own one, but my winder works fine. I don't see how it's an advantage if your winder did work though.... because it's supposed to save the hassle of having to rethread, but folks like me wind the bobbin with the same thread that's in the needle anyways so I'll still have to rethread, plus keep a separate little machine by me.

Island~mom
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm sure it would be better than hand winding and I sure you can return it if you don't like it!! There's lots of sales going on right now!!