PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owned one?

Scarlet
10-19-2006, 11:50 PM
What do you/did you have?

Got any good links? Yahoo groups? Manufacturers websites etc?

Scarlet
10-20-2006, 12:07 AM
ok, I'll go first.

I have/ have owned a 6000 series (currently in pieces), #1+, Designer II and Designer I

Kristi
10-20-2006, 03:04 AM
I have a Designer I, a 905 and a 936.

I like the Husqvarna Viking website. I just downloaded the Designer I update with new stitches too. I also like to sometimes try their embroidery club projects to learn new techniques on the machine.

http://www.husqvarnaviking. com/us/

amanda823s
10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I have the Scandinavia 200.

stitching_mouse
10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Lily 545!

Scarlet
10-20-2006, 12:51 PM
This already came in handy. I had no idea there was a new update! Of course now I can't remember my log-in. urgh. I'll have to wait until it goes to the dealer.

Can someone else post the link to reviews about Vikings at pattern review please?

Here are some yahoo user groups about Vikings

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/viking_machines/ (this one is mine)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Designer1/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitizewithhus/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vikingd1/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vikingsewingmachines pre1980

sewsew
10-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Hello all

I have the #1+, Designer 1 and 936 serger.

I love Vikings (obviously since I keep forking over my money to them huh?)

I think they sew "sew much" better than anything else I've tried.

isaacsmama
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I have a Huskylock 910! Love it! No problems thus far!

Kori
12-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I have a Huskylock 905 (love it!) and I just got a Huskylock 1003 LCD which is a 5 thread serger and coverstitcher. So far I love it as well. It's nice and quiet too.

rebeccalizzie
12-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I have a Viking Rose. I have had it for 5 years and am *very* happy with it. I've never used the embroidery features (just now getting into that) but I've used it a whole lot for diaper making, quilting, and garments. The stitching is always perfect, I can slow down the speed to help my accuracy, and I love the decorative stitches. It's never had a problem or needed a repair.

The only way I'd give up my machine is if I could afford a Designer, which isn't happening. So overall I'm thrilled with it!

BRG
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
My first sewing machine was a Viking - Juliet. It is a very basic sewing machine - good for a beginner. I have kept it even though I bought two more machines. It is a very good quality machine. I keep this as a back up machine if my other machine(s) break down.

suemarie
08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I was just wondering how much the serger with coverstitch costs.
Thanks
Suemarie

SoCaliMommy
08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I just bought a Designer SE earlier this month. Love it, It's great it came with a free fabric mover w/stitch regulator which i haven't yet taken out of the box. Well worth the $$ so far.

RTA
08-29-2007, 12:40 AM
I have a Lily 545 and a Huskylock 905. I love them both and they have never given me any problems.

sandrc
10-08-2007, 09:11 PM
i have a huskylock 905. i bought it about a month-2 months ago. I love the machine! i had never even looked at a serger in real life before i put my hands on this machine. i looked at many sergers and compared brands and functions and decided to go see this one in person. it is extremely easy to use and thread. the owners manual is well written and explains everything. the video that came with it is very helpful as well.
i was able to make my first useable garment on the machine within a week (of not playing with it everyday)
the only thing that i wish it had was a coverstitch. i decided to go with just a serger because i wasn't sure i wanted to sink that much money into a machine that i may or may not like. i think i may eventually buy a single coverstitch machine to use as well and bring my machine count to 3! (i think this is another addiction i wasn't warned about!)

anyway, price was fair for what i had seen with other compareable machines. i payed $699, on sale from $799 retail. I also get free classes with the dealer that sold it to me but i don't feel that i will need them.

i HIGHLY recommend the huskylock 905 serger.

SugrMagMama627
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I have the EM 10 embroidery machine and the Sapphire 830 (which I'm getting for Christmas and can't play with yet :( )

Bluemoon
02-02-2008, 01:36 PM
had for almost a year now. lots of trail and error. mostly error. not worth the $$. i would have rather saved alittle longer and got a better machine. they have been discontinued due to how many reports of things going wrong with them. from my understanding you cannot even get replacement parts for them. these machines ar enot made by viking. so the quality and name that viking carries is not in the quality if this machine. i am trading it in before my year is up so i am not completely out all the $$ i spent on it.

jeanna4m
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a Rose. I bought it in 97 and have never regretted it. I had always had cheap machines before that so when I got the Rose I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The only problem I have had with it is a spring in the pressure foot lifter broke twice. They said it was from lifting it up to far. However they replaced it both time for free.

dolphinlovermom
03-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I just bought a Platinum 950E and the Huskylock 936. I love them so far. I haven't used the embroidery yet, but can't wait to get started.

I had a Huskystar C20 and a White serger before I bought these and the difference is out of this world. Huskystar's are designed by Husqvarna but made by Singer.

skalafut
03-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I have a Viking Rose, and openly covet my sis's Designer I (with all the bells and whistles). I love my machine, and as soon as I can afford one, I'll probably purchased a used Designer I w/o trading in my Rose.

kreenZart
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
i have the h/v emerald 118- i paid too much (it seems) and i should have done a lot more research b/f i bought this. this machine would be great for, say, your dd or kid sister to learn on- but for my purposes it doesn't perform consistently. i have had it serviced 3 times in the past 1 1/2 years and i'm simply not happy anymore with this machine.

Deb51
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I got a Janome 9700 and have had it for 1 year now. It has been a great machine so far. I have really enjoyed my machine and being creative. The sewing center where it was purchased holds a monthly meeting and the demonstrator shows us tips. I love the free support and everyone brings projects that they are working on. So it has been great fun!

SugrMagMama627
04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
had for almost a year now. lots of trail and error. mostly error. not worth the $$. i would have rather saved alittle longer and got a better machine. they have been discontinued due to how many reports of things going wrong with them. from my understanding you cannot even get replacement parts for them. these machines ar enot made by viking. so the quality and name that viking carries is not in the quality if this machine. i am trading it in before my year is up so i am not completely out all the $$ i spent on it.

I agree with barb on this 100%.. i have the EM10 and bought it last Aug for $900 and I'm trading it up as well!

The thread constantly breaks and locks up.. there is CONSTANTLY an error message on it and it took me over 2.5 hours to make a small 500 stitch embroidery..

kittykorat
04-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I have an Iris. Got it 6 years ago. Works great. I like sewing on it, but the embroidery isn't that great. Wish I could afford a designer.

ialady44
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I have the Freesia 425 which is not made anymore. The IRIS is one step up from this machine. I wish I had gotten the IRIS - about the same price - and a few more decorative stitches. Oh well....you learn. However...I've had my Freesia for around 7 years now and NOT ONCE has it been in the shop for repairs.

alpinemed
12-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't ever over look a vintage. I don't do embroidery or very many fancy stitches but I inherited a Husky/Viking 6460 from the 1980's and I have never had any want for more. I know my mom paid a lot of money for it new but it is such a work horse and has lasted all these years with a lot of use, I just can't say enough. Also when I first got it, I had the viking dealer go over it and tune it up, he said this was a great model and to keep it going because it is a problem free model and one of the last ones really built in sweden.
The best part, they sell on ebay all the time for around $50!

sienna
12-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I have an Emerald 183 I've had for several months. I LOVE it! I also have a Huskylock 905 I've had for about 4-5 years and I've never had any problems. It's a workhorse. I bought it to make diapers and it was the only one after trying out several that could handle all the layers in a diaper soaker. It sews through them like nothing, no hesitation or skipping.

gr8tfulmom
01-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I have a designer se le that was purchased a year ago, I love her. She was a trade up from an inherited lily 545, which I also loved (just wanted the emb capabilities) and a few months ago a 936 replaced my bl serger. I have been eying vintage hv on CL and Ebay for a while now too, so as soon as the right one comes along at the right time I'll round out my vintage collection a bit, heh heh.