PDA

View Full Version : Elna experience centre - ever owned one?

Scarlet
10-19-2006, 10:43 PM
What do you/did you have?

Got any good links? Yahoo groups? Manufacturers websites etc?

blp44
10-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I just got an Elna Gallery 3210 and I really love it! Not a real expensive machine, but I love the features - lots of knit stitches - automatic button threader - one step button hole, etc. I couldn't be happier!

tara
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I have the 3007 model. I really love it. I've had it for about 4-5 years now and it's a workhorse. I specifically wanted a top of the line non-computerized sewing machine, and I feel this is it. It's got a great motor for sewing through thick fabrics, needle up/down button, auto buttonholer, nice stitch selection, clear bobbin cover, etc. I bought it new and traded in my starter Viking machine, and paid about $500. I've only had it cleaned and serviced twice so far but I do clean out the fuzz from time to time myself.

Tara

sarah ruth
05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
My daily sewer is a vintage Elna Supermatic Star Series. Manufactured somewhere between 1964 and 1971.
This website is a great resource for the history of Elna. http://www.needlebar.org/main/elna/index.html

My mom got this machine new and now I am still using it as my daily sewer. I think that says it all about the quality of the machine.

The cord just gave out on me but I'm hoping to find a replacement so I can keep on sewing with this wonderful machine!

fpww_rachael
09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
I have an Elna 6005 Heirloom Edition. I bought this a few years ago from my mother-in-law who swears buy Elna's. I think she paid over $1200 for it. Anwyay, I love it. It can do soooo many stitches and also embroidery stitches.