PDA

View Full Version : Bernina experience centre - ever owned one?

Scarlet
10-19-2006, 10:39 PM
What do you/did you have?

Got any good links? Yahoo groups? Manufacturers websites etc?

Maribella_Style
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I have a Bernina Aurora 430 and I love it! I decided to really commit to my online sewing business in May and got this in a Bernina Dealer Store with a 15 month 0% interest account through Bernina. It is awesome and a great investment. I opted to get the upgraded embroidery component rather than the Bernina Stitch Regulator, BSR. However, I tested the BSR the day I bought my machine and it is incredible! I highly recomment Bernina Sewing machines!

Scarlet
10-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I have a Bernina stand alone coverstitch machine. In the past I had a 2000DCE which was a serger/coverstitch combo.

isaacsmama
12-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Just bought a used Artista 180 sewing/embroidery machine! It sews like a dream!

mamafiore22002
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I have a Bernina arista 160 and I use it more than my brother ult.2003 machine. There's something about the way a Bernina sews, and I like the sturdyness about it. I've still not fully explored my Bernina, so if there is anyone out there that has any ideas please let me know.

jewels1119
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I have sewn on a Bernina 807 since I was five and my mother bought it at least 15 years before that, it never failed me and it was awesome. I have recently invested in a Bernina 440QEE, it is the quilter's edition w/ the embroidery module. I comes with a walking foot and the BSR (which is fabulous!) So needless to say, I am a huge Bernina fan and I highly recommend them to everyone! Their website is www.berninausa.com, they also have some great projects/ downloadables.

Kori
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
I have a Bernina Coverstitch machine (009DCC).

It's a good basic machine but I personally have had probs with skipped stitches. I think it may be user error and I might have it threaded incorrectly.

sarahmomof3
12-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I have a bernina activa 220 sewing machine and a bernina 700D serger. I love them both, and have never had a problem with either one.

jyanla
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I have a Bernina 930 and love it with all my heart. Great basic machine.

Pam
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I had/have a couple of different machines. I've had the 170E and 180E which are combo sewing embroidery machines, I loved them both, great solid machines.

I had the coverstitch machine which I really disliked strongly. It skipped stitches and just a major pain in the you know what. I traded it back to the store I bought it from and bought a Brother coverstitch machine.

I currently have the 1200DA serger which is amazing, a super work horse and will go through many thick layers without a problem.

My main sewing machine is a 155 Virtuosa which I love dearly, runs smooth and quite...fabulous stitches. I use it almost everyday and have never had a problem. I've had it two years and it's wonderful can't say enough good things about it.

I did belong to an Artista group through Quiltropolis quite a few years ago which was helpful when I first got my machine.

My3Boys
01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello, this is my first post since joining about 5 minutes ago!

I also a Bernina 930, which I bought 20 plus years ago. In fact, it was about a month after they came out.

I absolutely love it. It's like an old friend. It does what I need it to do, no more no less.

Carol

terrisews
09-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello, this is also my first post since joining.
I have a Bernina 1130, which I bought 20 years ago the month it came out. I use it daily and it has been sent back to the factory for overhaul 4 times because I have used it so much. On Thanksgiving one tme at church we were asked to name what we were thankful for, while everyone else said their families,God, etc, I said my Bernina!

Kip
01-26-2008, 03:13 PM
I love this embroidery machine. It was very easy to learn and turns out beautiful results every time. :heart:

Crys
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
I just bought a used Artista 180 Sewing/embroidery combo. I am so excited and very pleased!

riverside knitter
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I have a 40-year-old Bernette 234 serger that still works like a champ! Granted, it's my first serger so I have no real comparison, but I like it a heck of a lot better than my less than 5-years old Kenmore sewing machine. I'm now trying to justify/save the money for a new Bernina machine.

momkoz
01-03-2009, 01:17 PM
i presently have three berninas. the first one i owned was a used 180e. it was great. i sold it to buy a janome 6600p. that was a mistake. more explanation in the janome r and r. sold the 6600p, and got the activa 240. circustances enabled me to get a bernina 440qe. i missed the 180 so much that i got another one, heh. so i have 3 berninas. i dont know if i could get rid of any of them. the 180 is my backup embroidery machine, as well as the 9mm width. the activa 240 is the backup machine to my 440. its just a solid machine, while the 440 will sew anything i ask it to. without a burp or question. the yahoo group i belong to is wonderful as well with support.

recently, my 440 was clunking. thats when i switched over to the 240 to finish up my christmas projects. no problem. its just smaller and lightweight, and the throat is not as big. but thats it. after a bunch of help from the yahoo group, it was determined that i had a bad bobbin. wow.. now the 440 is purring again for me.

i went bernina and have never looked back. but now and then, i do look at other machines and drool. lol. what about that brother quattro?
momkoz