PDA

View Full Version : Hermosa Shirt Pattern

ma24qtz
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
I really loved working with this pattern. I had already made up the Redondo so this one was easier to put together. I choose to make this out of a crinkle gauze instead of knit - I figured it would stretch to get it on and off and luckily after all that work it did. :p I traced the 98/104 (becca wears a 4t). I left off the sleeve flounce and just added the red bias tape to the edge of the sleeve to match the bottom of the shirt.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/beccabooboutique/isasmall.jpg

I serged all the pieces first. I have a habit of not following the directions on patterns, so next I sewed all the spirals together from the top down. I put together the front and back pieces and added the sleeves and then bias tape around the neck. I pinned the skirt to the top and sewed, then serged. Lastly I sewed the bias tape to the bottom of the shirt top. Here is the finished top. I paired it with just a simple elastic waist skirt, a quick belt and glue gun special flower pin and barrette combo - I know , it's a bit over the top.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/beccabooboutique/iscsmall.jpg

I rated this as a 9 for easy of use - just because you have to trace it which I know some don't like. As for value I rated it a 9 because I would love it in color. I know that is just way to much for this small design firm right now but I hope they can do that in the future. And 10 for using again because I have another in knit already cut out. :)

raeraered888
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
that is absolutly the most adorable top. where did you get the pattern. I would love to make something like that for my niece.

ma24qtz
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I sell them in my website, you can find it on my profile. You can also find it at sewzannefabrics.com and also I have seen it on ebay recently. Just serach Studiotantrum :)

mommy2maya
11-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok, I have a question on fit. Does the front not lay flat, and closed? From your pics, it doesn't look like a nice, close fit. Maya is fairly slim, and I've been looking at this pattern, but don't want buy it if the front needs to be seriously tweaked.

ma24qtz
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I have made it since out of knit and it stayed closed fine. Part of the problem on this set above is I used a crinkly gauze - doesn't have much memory if you KWIM. Gauze wasn't on the list of fabrics in the directions - I was just experimenting. The pattern also has the ability to be made full wrap style so it ties on the side. This might be an option for you.

allibrockli
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
i bought this pattern but ihavent tried it yet, but seeing that makes me want to