PDA

View Full Version : [review] My favorite quick sew dress for girls...

ratherbesewingnana
08-27-2015, 11:44 AM
is offered by SewBaby and it's the Twirly Dress. I've made at least 12 of these in various sizes, and have used the option to start with a purchased tee. These sew up so easily and I've got it down so I can actually produce a dress, from start to finish while my granddaughter naps! I've bought other twirl dress variations, but this is the one I keep returning to since it's a snap to sew. I find that I have great options for creativity. Last dress I made, I finished the hem with an edge-stitch on my serger, and it came out great! One could also add embroidery stitches to the panels and get a crazy quilt look. (Hey, I think that'll be my next dress!) This pattern comes with good instructions, the the owner of SewBaby is very accessible and responsive when asked for help. The kiddos love to twirl, but I've discovered that it's nice to add a coordinating pair of shorties to go under the dress for the playground.

Since I'm still new here, I'm not allowed to add a link yet, but most of you probably are familiar with SewBaby, and if you're not, and if you have sewing for girls on your agenda, I give five stars to the Twirly Dress. It's one you will use many times. Oh, and you can use tank tops for warm weather and long-sleeved tops for cooler weather, so that's a real plus!

A few pics:

First Attempt a Success! (Then 2, Amalia was in awe!)

Too-Cute Dino-Fan Cousins (Eliot's matching Thomas Shirt by Felicity Sewing Patterns)

Halloween Theme (She's still wearing this in August!)

... and For the Big Girls (Hannah's and Allison's larger size required more panels.)
8588 8589