PDA

View Full Version : [review] Simplicity 2245 - Portfolio Tunic

TriMama
02-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Pattern Manufacturer:
Simplicity, Lisette

Pattern Name/Number

Pattern Description
Our favorite look for any season, this easy-going pullover can be made in three lengths--top, tunic, or dress.

Which view and size did you make?
View A, tunic length. Size 12 to waist, graded out to size 14 through the hips. However, I ended up taking it in from the armpit to the waist at each side and also at the center back waist. This makes it more A-line than it's supposed to be.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes

If not, why?
-
Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes. I live how there's a graphic for each step. I barely had to read the instructions at all.

If not, why?
-
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love this pattern. I love the classic styling and professional touches. I've made several versions in different sizes as my kids have grown.

Fabric used
Some kind of lightweight synthetic twill. I have no idea what it's called or what's in it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
See above

Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes, in fact this is the third time I've made this pattern.

Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes

Any additional comments
I have no idea why the cuffs are cut on the bias and then interfaced. That seems to defeat the purpose of cutting them on the bias. It also means the finished cuffs usually come out slightly off grain and won't press flat. Next time, I'll just cut them on the straight grain.

Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?16068 3-Less-Hideous-Than-I-Expected