PDA

View Full Version : Girl Charlee

jasar31629
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
I thought I'd post my last experience from Girl Charlee here...partly to give a heads up (and because I feel irritated) and partly to see if anyone else had an experience or opinion about them. I ordered from them in the past (apparently...I don't remember, but my account says I did! :)), and I don't remember being disappointed with the quality.

At any rate, I wasn't impressed. I'll stick to Sewzanne's and Spandexhouse/world for my cotton/lycra. Most of the c/l I received was so thin, it was see-through. I really shouldn't have washed it so I could have returned it...there were cute colors and prints, so I figured I'd use it eventually. But according to the weights, quite a few of them should have been suitable for leggings. They certainly aren't!

I'll cut and paste the email I sent- it has all the details in it. And yes...I did spend that much on an order in December. Heh. :o

"Hi,

I was writing to let you know that I was rather disappointed upon receiving my order. Many of the knits listed as 'mid-weight' are very thin- some even see-through. I purchased $265.10 worth of merchandise, and unfortunately, was only truly happy with $62.50 of it. The rest was either too thin (the majority was this issue), and a few were short on yardage. Only an inch or two on 3 fabrics, but I fully expect to receive all the yardage I've purchased. If the fabrics I bought were of superior quality or as listed, I wouldn't quibble over a few off inches, but this was not the case.

I'm not certain as to what I want upon writing this letter. I would like to see fabrics listed as 'thinner knit' or 'summer-weight' if that is what they are. I wouldn't be adverse to a bit of money back. I did go ahead and wash the fabrics (after measuring, not before), so I'm not looking to return them necessarily. I'll use them for tops or dresses eventually...I just had planned many of the c/l knits listed as medium-weight as yoga-wear. That definitely won't work for the fabrics I received, and I really wouldn't have purchased this much fabric intended only for tops.

I'd appreciate a response as to what action might be taken in regards to my complaints.

Thank you,
Sarah *****"

This was their response:

"Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your email. We are very sorry to hear you were not pleased with the fabrics you received from us. Per our policy, at this point we can not offer you a refund for your order due to the fabric being altered or washed before notifying us of this issue. When placing orders in the future we ask that you inspect the fabric and notify us of any measurement or fabric quality issues before altering the fabric received so we can better assist you. For your convenience included here is a link to our policies page: http://www.girlcharlee.com/returns.php Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,
Renae"

I was annoyed that they only addressed it from a refund standpoint- of which I already said I was fine keeping the fabric. I only wanted a resolution in some form. Obviously the only solution they wanted to bother with would have been restocking unwashed fabric instead of inspecting their standards for quality or listing weights more accurately. I trusted their weight assessment, but there's no way the majority of my fabric received is mid-weight.

I also figured- heck, most shops wouldn't blink at offering a sort of discount for the next purchase to placate a customer. Not that I would have trusted to purchase again, but it's almost standard procedure nowadays.

Overall, I was very disappointed with my purchase and their subsequent response to my complaint. I won't be shopping there again! Has anyone else purchased from them recently?

~Sarah

ETA: I hadn't even mentioned how off grain many of the prints were. Especially frustrating were the stripes- three of these came sloped at a 20-30degree angle at the very least. I will only be able to use those for undergarments.