PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 4/2012 #26 Flame jeans

crazyestonian
10-27-2012, 11:19 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
4/2012 #26 Flame jeans Pattern Description
slim pants with patch pockets Which view and size did you make?
size 120 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Only difference was that I did single line of topstitching as it looked better on a busy pattern Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I had accidentally purchased the Finnish issue. These pants have a very different style zipper and the back pieces have no yoke or facings. Intuitively sewing it was very hard pattern, had to recut two facings and probably did not sew in most efficient manner but the final result is like the picture. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I wish the back had facings. Also, despite being a slim pattern, the side seams do not lie nicely but the back elastic skews them, this is one point I know that definitely is not user error. Fabric used
Anna Maria Horner cotton velveteen Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Add back facings. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
With instructions in understandable language these are definitely easier to sew. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-