PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 2908 --Women's Stretch Jeans

sandrahd
10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
2908 --Women's Stretch Jeans Pattern Description
Women's flattering stretch jeans with slim fit through the hips and thigh, and a flared leg, back and side front pockets, zip fly with button closure. View A has a low rise and view B has a regular rise. Which view and size did you make?
View A; size K with extra length Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love that the details and FIT are very much like RTW jeans. The pattern went together perfectly. I do think it is odd that the width of the waistband is the same for all sizes. I would think the children's sizes would need a narrower waistband, and I do think it messes with the proportion of the finished product. There was also no mention of interfacing the waistband, so I ddn't, but I think it probably needed it, especially since it calls for stretch fabric and is cut on the bias. I cut a K with additional length based on her hip measurement and because I was doing the lower-rise version. The fit is SNUG. Fabric used
I bought 2 pairs of adult stretch jeans at Goodwill and recycled the fabric from them. I've made jeans before and always feel like they need distressing to get the look I want. Doing it this way was very cost efficient AND gave me the look I wanted. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Interface that waistband and cut it narrower in the smaller sizes. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I cut the jeans out to preserve the original hems, and I cut the back pockets from the existing pockets, preserving some of the original embroidery and the original hem at the top of the pocket, complete with its worn look. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-