PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 4/08 #28

that*darn*kat
09-29-2012, 04:23 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
4/08 #28 Pattern Description
"Guitar" Jeans Which view and size did you make?
116 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
The instructions were brief, which is typical of Ottobre patterns. If you've never sewn pants before, they might not provide enough information. I always do my waistbands in a different order than suggested in the pattern. All pieces were well drafted and went together smoothly. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
These pants have a fantastic fit on my son. They're fairly slim fitting, but not too tight. I did add 1.5" length before I cut the pattern, and am glad I checked the length against another pair of pants, as they would have been too short as drafted. I inserted elastic into the back waist, which is my custom when sewing for my son. After finishing the pants, I feel that the back pocket placement is too low, I wish I would have moved the pockets up a bit. Fabric used
Black fine wale corduroy Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I'd definitely check the length of this pattern before cutting. Also, add elastic to back waist for fit and comfort, and adjust placement of back pockets to be a bit higher. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
- Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-