PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 04/2009 #22- skirt

sewingmel
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
04/2009 #22- skirt Pattern Description
"Daisy Stripes" reversible knit skirt Which view and size did you make?
size 110 with extra length Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
The instructions were easy to understand. However, I had trouble following the instructions. The waistband and hem band were a little too short (or my fabric was too stretchy). It could have been either one. I did let my fabric rest before I cut it, but it may have still stretched. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The pattern is cute, but you really need to use two like knits. I used interlock and cotton lycra, and they were tricky to sew. Fabric used
cotton interlock, cotton lycra, and baby cord Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Cut your bands a little longer than suggested. Since they are rectangles, it won't matter if you have to cut them down. Use wondertape or a glue stick for the bottom band, and that part will be very easy. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
This is a fun, basic skirt that can quickly add to a girl's wardrobe. I didn't find it as quick and easy as the pattern suggested, but, given other conditions, it might be easier. I am not a big fan of sewing knits on a sewing machine, but you need to do a lot of sewing and basting on the sewing machine for this pattern.

This is a GREAT pattern for people who do not own a serger. You can easily sew this entire skirt on a sewing machine and have it look great. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
not yet

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/shoepants/_MG_7275.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/shoepants/_MG_7190.jpg