PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 01/2012 #18 Pipe Leg

momtoesther
09-20-2012, 08:23 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
18-01-2012 Pattern Description
Skinny Jeans with cargo pockets Which view and size did you make?
Size 98 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
except for I did the pockets differently, see below Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I found the cargo pocket instructions particulalry difficult. The end strip piece seemed way too short and I did double check seam allowances. I decided to skip the bellows style pokcet and just made them flat. I also didn't follow the instructions for the fly zipper since I like my method better. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the RTW styling and the cargo pockets. All the topstitching is time consuming but really gives the pattern it's look. Fabric used
stretch denim from fabricland and scraps of quilting cotton for the facings Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I think I might still try to add buttonhole elastic to make the waist adjustable since it is quite bit on my daughter (who is skinny) and she hates belts. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
- Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-