PDA

View Full Version : --- OTHER --- Sewing For Boys Raw Edge Raglan

Jennxlynch
02-29-2012, 10:55 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Sewing For Boys Raw Edge Raglan Pattern Description
Ultra smooth interior protects the most sensitive kid from irritation Which view and size did you make?
2/3 and 4/5 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Except for #12, mainly the part about sewing into a tunnel. Which was difficult to understand and near impossible to do on the long sleeve version. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I don't have children with skin sensitivity or sensory issues so I made these mainly for the deconstructed look. Which by the end of sewing the first shirt, the one with the striped sleeves, I thought it just looked messy, but I'm not the most meticulous of seamstresses.

I ended up sewing the sleeves and collar to the shirt pieces with the seams on the outside to get the look I wanted without having to do the convoluted sewing required to keep the inside free of seams.

I really like the shape of the sleeves with the thick collar. Fabric used
Cotton Interlock and printed jersey Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
If you don't need to sew this shirt with no interior seams I suggest sewing up the sides in the traditional manner with the seams inside. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
It has a really nice modern fit and the length is great. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=154 111