PDA

View Full Version : New Look 6583

TanyaMT
02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
New Look Pattern Name/Number
6583 Pattern Description
Sweatpants, hoodie, skirt. I did the sweatpants as PJ pants for a trial run. Which view and size did you make?
Sweatpants, size 4 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
Well, I made them as PJ pants without pockets to confirm the sizing. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
RUN away from this pattern. My son is a solid RTW size 7. I looked at the pattern and went hmmm, had DS take his pants off and measured in comparison. The size 4 was acres larger than his RTW pants in size 7 in width. I proceeded to cut off a couple inches in width and sewed them up, less than size 4 width, size 6 length and they are massive on him. I threw the pattern out after that. IMHO it is not worth the effort to adjust the sizing on this if the pants are this far off on sizing. Fabric used
Flannel Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
If you do decide to use this pattern, measure very very carefully and expect to ignore the sizing and measurements on the envelope. Compare to RTW clothing that fits your child instead. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
Just an awful pattern for sizing. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=185 9152#post1859152