PDA

View Full Version : McCall 8812 Infant top & panties

mitmickey
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
McCall Pattern Name/Number
8812 Infant top & panties Pattern Description
Infants lined top w/ buttoned shoulders and back variations; elastic waist & leg panties. Which view and size did you make?
Size Small; view F and E Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Only because I didn't use the same trims! Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I have to admit I didn't really follow the directions; I just kind of did my own thing with it. But the pattern is so simple it's very easy to take it and run with it to customize~ for example, I used dotted swiss over seersucker for one version (left off the side ties) and didn't attach at the hem so they would fall as two layers. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love it's simplicity and it is extremely adaptable to variations. Fabric used
100 % cotton; seersucker & dotted swiss Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
This pattern is super simple to dress up or down according to whim. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
McCalls patterns do run large. I made the small size and it would swim on 4 month old Leia but since it's for summer I expect her to fit by then! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=185 8689#post1858689