PDA

View Full Version : Olabelhe Collette Sorbetto top

TriMama
02-28-2012, 11:25 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Olabelhe Pattern Name/Number
Collette Sorbetto top Pattern Description
I took the 60s as my inspiration and made this ultra-simple and swingy little top! With its ultra simple construction (just two pattern pieces plus some bias tape, and no closures needed), elegant loose cut shaped with bust darts, and the box pleat detail down the front, this is a pattern you can throw together in a huge range of fabrics for summer. Which view and size did you make?
Size 10, heavily modified Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Great instructions. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like how simple this is. I've been looking for a basic tank pattern and this one is free and popular. Fabric used
stretch poplin Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
As printed, it was huge! It looked like a potato sack. I took in the sides from a size 10 to a 4! I also scooped out the front of the neckline a bit, since I thought it looked a bit dowdy on me. I also narrowed the shoulder straps from the outside of the shoulder. Again, to make it look a little less dowdy. It still seems a bit too big across my upper back, plus it's still plenty loose. Next time I think I'll narrow the back a bit more. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Now that I have the pattern altered to my liking, I'll probably sew this up a few more times. There are a ton of variations documented on various blogs, plus it was free! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
SNS is coming . . .