PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 3136, View B

TriMama
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
3136, View B Pattern Description
Ballet leotard Which view and size did you make?
View B, size 6 (J) Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I found the instructions to be a bit sparse. I also found it awkward that the text and illustrations are separate. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The end results look just like, or better than, the overpriced rtw leotards from the dance boutique. Fabric used
90% cotton, 10% lycra jersey Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I eliminated the underbust seam since this was for a 5yo who obviously doesn't have a bust. I also lined (interlined) the front piece and was concerned that keeping that seam would create an uncomfortable amount of bulk. Next time, may also line the back as well since this light colored fabric is a bit transparent.

I serged the leg openings of the lined fronts together before applying the elastic. This made them much easier to work with since I didn't have to fiddle with two layers at once. Next time, I'll also serge the two layers together at the neck as well (I forgot this time).

I finished my neck binding with a double needle. It looks great now, but doesn't allow the neck to stretch quite enough to get it on an off easily. This is especially apparent for View B, since she has to get the whole thing on through the neck opening. I'm a little concerned she's going to break the stitches getting in on and off. Next time, I'll use a plain old zig zag to finish the binding so it's stretchier. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Love this pattern, and the results. I do not love that almost every. single. pattern piece is cut on the fold. It took me forever to cut this out. Next size I trace, I'll make sure to trace at least a few pieces whole, rather than on the fold. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=153 744