PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Imke

quartercentury
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Imke Pattern Description
"Everyday shirt for boys & girls" from Sewing Clothes Kids Love book ... it's a t-shirt pattern with lots of options for fit, sleeve style, hoods Which view and size did you make?
Straight cut with lined hoods in sizes 86/92 and 110/116 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the way the hood pattern pieces have notches that match the shoulder seams, so there's not too much fussy marking of quarter points. I don't like so much the way the sleeves are cut on the fold, with two notches off center. It through me off when deciding which was the front and which was the back of the sleeve for appliqué purposes. Fabric used
Black interlock for bodies, white jersey for hood one hood lining, tight orange rib knit for other hood lining Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
- Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I really like the fit of these. I did one for my 2 year old (sz 86/92) and one for my 5 year old (size 110/116). I would say they run a little smaller than advertised - my five year old, for example, is only about 105 cm tall and wearing mostly 104 in Euro RTW, the two things we have sized 110/116 are HUGE!. But for my kids, this pattern fits great. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
SNS (http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=153 924)