PDA

View Full Version : Oliver + S Sailboat skirt

TriMama
02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Oliver + S Pattern Name/Number
Sailboat skirt Pattern Description
Let's go to the boat pond! Pull-on button-shoulder top children's sewing pattern has long sleeves, top-stitched details, and curved shirt-tail hem. Unisex sailor-style button-front cropped pants sewing pattern includes side vents and elastic at the back waist. Matching A-line skirt also includes button front closure and back elastic. Which view and size did you make?
Skirt, size 7 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the button front. I think it's really cute. Fabric used
stretch cord Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I've made this skirt a couple times now. Changes I would suggest:
1. Add 1" to the hem. I think it's drafted a bit short
2. Add 1" to the top of the back. The casing is drafted a bit narrow, especially for a heavy fabric, like cord.
3. The lengths given in the pattern for the back elastic is a bit long. I always end up having to take off 2-3" Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I love all the views in this pattern, but the back rise of the pants is way, way too low. If you plan to make the pants, make sure you add quite a bit to the back rise. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=153 629