PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 3023 - tankini with briefs or swim suit

Cathi
02-02-2012, 05:40 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
3023 - tankini with briefs or swim suit Pattern Description
Tankini or bikini top with briefs or swim skirt Which view and size did you make?
View A (tankini) & View B (briefs), size 10 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
It wasn't clear how much elastic to use, nor that when they said the elastic would "exceed the fabric", they meant this in terms of length/overlap rather than width at the side.

The instructions for the top straps were unclear and not intuitive. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The seam allowances are too narrow (1/4"), particularly for a pattern with a lot of basting, some of which ended up being visible.

The pattern did not say how much elastic to use for different sections (e.g. legs, waist, top), just the total length required (which was far too much).

The pieces for the pull-ties were much too narrow, it was impossible to turn them right way out. Fabric used
Swimsuit fabric and swimsuit lining Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I would widen the strap pieces to allow me to just fold them in four, and pin them in this position first. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
I think that this is a pattern for a very experienced sewer. I would make the pants again, but I'm not sure about the top. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=153 251