PDA

View Full Version : Penelope Wallet and Checkbook holder

plainjanesews
01-22-2012, 09:24 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Penelope Wallet and Checkbook holder Pattern Description
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90437020/penelope-wallet-checkbook-sewing-pattern?ref=sr_galle ry_1&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=pene lope+wallet&ga_order=most_releva nt&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search This wallet is the perfect size to fit all the necessities of life into one tightly wrapped package. It comfortably fits cash, cards, your checkbook, and whatever else you can dream to squeeze inside. With a zipper pocket for change, 7 credit card pockets, and 4 organizing pockets, this wallet leaves plenty of space for all the goodies in your purse. The whole wallet is wrapped up and kept safe with a button-embellished tab and magnetic closure. Which view and size did you make?
one size Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
good pictures, actual pattern pieces, a couple of steps were hard to understand and could have used clarification and another photo What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
i am undecided about the style of the wallet. it has a wrap closure that covers the zippered coin pocket.. doesn't take much fabric or interface and went together pretty quickly Fabric used
Amy Butler olive acanythus and pink coriander Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I would suggest interfacing the whole piece of fabric and then cutting the pattern pieces out. you use a light interface and every single piece is interfaced!! it took forever to cut and iron each piece.. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
this is a good intermediate pattern. lots of great pics and good info... not sure if i really prefer the shape though. does have lots of room for cash, receipts, and credit cards.. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=184 4505#post1844505