PDA

View Full Version : Make It Perfect Uptown Girl Jacket

momtoesther
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Make It Perfect Pattern Name/Number
Uptown Girl Jacket Pattern Description
The Uptown Girl jacket will keep your little girl warm and cosy, whilst still looking absolutely stunning during the cooler weather.

The jacket is completely reversible, ensuring maximum wear and versatility.

Soft, gentle gathers on both the front and back of the jacket add a feminine touch without being too fussy or frilly. This jacket is destined to cuddle your little girl with stylish flair!

This pattern comes in two size ranges:

Little Uptown Girl: 0-5 years

Big Uptown Girl: 6-10 years Which view and size did you make?
Size 5 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
There were no notches on any of the pattern pieces. It took a bit of guess work to figure out which yoke to attach to left or right front. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The directions were very detailed. The design is simple but very girly. I like the gathers in the front and back. Fabric used
stretch twill on the outside, cotton lycra inside. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
If I made this again I would add an extra inch or two to the length. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I tried to do a stretch lining and ran into trouble sewing a woven to a knit. I would just stick with two wovens or a very stable knit. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=152 306