PDA

View Full Version : --- OTHER --- Weekend Designer Blog - Carpetbagger

SynEpona
09-30-2011, 10:16 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Weekend Designer Blog - Carpetbagger Pattern Description
from blog:
"A roomy, oversized canvas carryall, it can seamlessly go from work to after-hours party to weekend getaway, all without missing a beat. Here is a similar carpetbag version easy to draft and make up for your daytripping." Which view and size did you make?
I made it 90% of full size Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
*however, they need to be followed. This is not a thinking project, it's best to just do one step at a time w/o reading ahead & overthinking it. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the end result of this bag, the shape is great, a bit unique, and very functional. Fabric used
Decor weight is best, but I've also used PUL & heavier quilting cottons. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
The bag as written is unlined, I prefer to add a lining, and also some interior pockets. I recommend if you want to do this,that you make a mock up back first in a smaller scale, so you understand which parts are the front/side/back once it's assembled, as it's not intuitive. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
At 75% this is a great overnight bag for a child. At 90% it's a big overnight bag for an adult, and can be stuffed quite full. I've yet to make it full size, but I think it'd be too big! Here is the link to the pattern: http://wkdesigner.wordpress .com/2009/07/09/carpetbagger/ Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-