PDA

View Full Version : McCall 4814

TanyaMT
09-18-2011, 09:18 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
McCall Pattern Name/Number
4814 Pattern Description
Toddlers summer dress, either gathered tiers or bodice with gathered skirt. Bodice is lined. Which view and size did you make?
View A Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Very clear instructions. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I wanted a simple jumper for over tops. This was perfect, even with pockets. Fabric used
Baby wale cord Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
This pattern runs massively huge, as do a lot of the big3 patterns for kids. The bodice for sizing needs to be narrowed some, but the biggest problem is the length of the skirt. You will likely need to take off many inches.

Also, lay out your pattern carefully. My cord may have been a slight bit narrower than 44", but I needed quite a bit more fabric than suggested for 44" width. I think the fabric requirements for the size 4 are likely wrong. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
It's an okay pattern if you already own it, but I wouldn't go out and seek it out. There are better ones. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=149 739