PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Adelinde

mommytomaddyharley
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Adelinde Pattern Description
Apron skirt Which view and size did you make?
I made the 86/92 & 110/116 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
Maybe just for me, the cutting instructions for the rear waistband weren't very clear. You need to use the rear skirt pattern piece and put that on the fold and cut the same length, but then use the front waistband piece and use that for the width (height) of the rear waistband. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the apron portion and the back ties. I didn't care for the height of the skirt Fabric used
Michael Miller Quilting Cottons Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
So, it is VERY short!!! I would reccomend adding a 3-4" ruffle all along the bottom or adding about 4" to the skirt. This will put it at knee length, or just below knee depending on your childs legs. Make sure you add a SA to the bottom of BOTH waistband pieces. I forgot and could BARELY turn the waistband under and catch it in the stitch. I also thought the ties were crazy long. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I don't know if it's just my girls, but this skirt fit my 110/116 er MUCH MUCH MUCH better than my 86/92 er. The apron kept flipping up on my little and the back looked so lopsided even though it wasn't. I'm not sure if this is a "baby" skirt yk? Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=149 713