PDA

View Full Version : Lil Blue Boo Cascading Ruffle Skirt

limegreenvw
09-07-2011, 08:07 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Cascading Ruffle Skirt--Lil Blue Boo Pattern Description
a skirt tutorial that shows you have to create a cascading ruffle skirt. Includes a printable pattern piece for the ruffle and dimensions for the other pieces to cut out. Which view and size did you make?
5T Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I would mention that it is VERY important to baste the top of the ruffles to the skirt BEFORE attaching the yoke. I fold each ruffle to the right side. The stitch line where I attached each 'c' will be hidden by doing this and the ruffles hang better. It gives the skirt a neater look. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was a simple skirt to sew up. Less than one hour to complete from start to finish once you have cut out the pieces. Fabric used
lightweight cotton jersey knit fabrics Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
The first one I made according to her directions for spliting open the back skirt piece. The second and third skirts, I did not add a back seam. I just evenly spaced the ruffles on the front and back pieces thus elimenating the need for the extra seam. I also lengthened the skirt by 3 inches. I did this by adding to the middle of the pattern piece that you would cut on the fold to create the 'c' shape for the ruffles. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
- Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=149 320