PDA

View Full Version : Butterick 4521

Mirza
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Butterick Pattern Name/Number
4521 Pattern Description
Designer sewing accessories including wall organizer, machine covers, pressing ham, seam roll, sleeve board cover, pincushion and thread catcher Which view and size did you make?
I made the thread catcher View I Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
The pattern envelope does not contain the list of notions and yardage that are needed. Those are listed on the pattern sheet inside envelope. The instructions call for two different fabric prints. I chose to use one instead. You will also need some boning, 1/2" double folded bias tape and interfacing. The instructions tell you to cut boning 13 1/2". I found that was 2 inches too short, so I cut mine longer as needed. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Hard to sew on the binding thru all the layers. Fabric used
Housework whenever print Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I had to cut the boning longer than the instructions called for. Other than that, I made no alterations. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Great thread catcher. Be sure to change your needle after sewing over the boning. I switched to a larger needle when it was time to sew on the binding. I probably won't have a need to make one again since I only need one for my one serger. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=179 8550#post1798550