PDA

View Full Version : McCall 5835

Vanessa
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
McCall Pattern Name/Number
5835 Pattern Description
Tops A, C or below mid-knee dresses B, D have lined yoke with or without armhole ruffles and thread loop or button closing at back; top A, dress D have lower ruffle; dress B, top C have contrast yoke; dress B has self and contrast tiered ruffles; top C has fabric flower; dress D has purchased appliques; shorts E or above ankle capri pants F have elastic waist; all garments are narrow hemmed. Which view and size did you make?
View B (omitted one ruffle), size 2 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I could follow them, but I didn't like the yoke construction on this piece. They had you fold under seam allowances and wanted lots of hand slipstitching to attach the yoke lining. As I was in a time crunch, I did some topstitching from the inside. I think there are lots of nicer ways that the assembly could have been done. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the style, and I'd love to make another dress in this style. I might tackle this pattern again with heavy modifcations if I can't find a more well-written one. Fabric used
cotton coordinates from Hobby Lobby Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Definitely check the width of the bodice. Even though I used my dd's measurements, it's still way to wide. I should have altered it or gone down a size. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
This pattern's not horrible--cute style--but I think there's got to be a much better way to do the same things. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=145 423